Valued Contributor

Just now trying to compare the two.  The five-cent per gallon discount on gas is a WM+ benefit I'm interested in since I travel in my work.  WM+ doesn't offer free movies, but no movie I've ever wanted to see has been free on Amazon anyway. 

If anyone else has compared them, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart+ vs. Amazon Prime

I get many more quality items and a much larger choice on Amazon.  There's no comparason to me.

Respected Contributor

I don't have walmart+ but I have amazon prime and sams club and if I had to get rid of one of the two I have I would get rid of amazon prime but I can't say I want to get rid of it.    I like walmart too but it is easy to spend 35.00 for free shipping.

Valued Contributor

Amazon Prime wins, hands down. Amazon ships and you usually get your items within 48-72 hours, their return process is brilliant and easy, and they offer detailed descriptions and reviews of products. With Walmart, you get very little info about the product, shipping is iffy and sporadic, and their return process is, in my experience, a total nightmare.

Super Contributor

I have Amazon prime but hace dropped my Subscribe and Save items. They have increased many prices.  This has been a big savings. I am now buying my supplements and Garden of Life protein powder fom Swansons. I use Azure Standard delivery for some groceries. I also sometimes use  Aldi and Sams Club. For gas I am trying to support more local businesses as I think they need the support.

Floral Pillow
Super Contributor

I sure hope Walmart + as time goes on gives Amazon Prime some serious competition as it will be a win for all of us but right now Amazon Prime is just too good so far.  

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Just now trying to compare the two.  The five-cent per gallon discount on gas is a WM+ benefit I'm interested in since I travel in my work.  WM+ doesn't offer free movies, but no movie I've ever wanted to see has been free on Amazon anyway. 

If anyone else has compared them, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you!

@Maggie Nolia 

You can’t compare them because Amazon Prime offers so much more than WM+.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia 

If you just want a gas discount, WM used to offer that if you bought the gas with a WM gift card. I used to do that on occasion. No membership needed. Maybe they still do that.

Honored Contributor

I recently placed an order for the first time on Walmart.com.  It was a great experience.  I will definitely do it again!

Valued Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Amazon Prime wins, hands down. Amazon ships and you usually get your items within 48-72 hours, their return process is brilliant and easy, and they offer detailed descriptions and reviews of products. With Walmart, you get very little info about the product, shipping is iffy and sporadic, and their return process is, in my experience, a total nightmare.

I'm don't care for Amazon's return scam.  Suddenly, they don't refund returns to my credit card.  They put refund on a "gift card".  I never authorized that and do not want it.  So I'm paying the credit card but I have a credit on a "gift card".  Quite a scam, huh?  Sounds like money laundering to me. 
I've had a long conversation with them already, so it's time for action, thus, my curiosity about WM+.