Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart.....Target....not doing returns right now

@Pearlee wrote:
The problem with not taking returns is when I made my purchase at Target some time in March I did so under their return terms. Now they aren't letting me return it (a microwave that isn't working right) under the terms by which I purchased it and will have to pay my bill for it because that is due before I will be able to return it. Yes I'll get a credit on my bill later but I really don't want to pay for it!

This is ridiculous. Why should anyone be stuck with a bummer of a microwave for an additional month...

Each to their own and like so many chain stores, the shopping experience varies, as does the on-line experience, but based on my own recent experiences, I'm not dealing with Target, either on-line or in the store at this point. On-line ordering has been so limited lately and my local store has been badly managed for the better part of the past year. I like Target a lot and generally find dealing with the people there to be pleasant, but they simply haven't proven to be much of a resource for me. I'll probably check them out again down the road, assuming this current global nonsense ever abates.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

I just called both my local Target & WM...now I know "anyone" can answer the phone but the NO RETURN policy only applies to purchases deemed "essential" during this pandemic.  IE - food, paper products, cleaning products, pet food, etc.  

NOT non-essential things..

this answer seems reasonable -- who knows if fact🤷‍♀️.

This is a much more sensible policy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would think they would have an extended return policy.  I have something to return to Target, Walmart and Sam's Club.  I bought the stuff right as all this started and we went under a shelter in place order.

I'm assuming eventually I'll be able to return these things.  I certainly was not going to run out to stores just to make returns.  

Respected Contributor

My daughter ordered a couple of smaller clothing articles online (separate orders, each less than $20) from Target and wanted to return them. In both cases, the return was processed and she was told to just keep the items to use, pass along, or donate.

Occasional Contributor

Meijer grocery store isn't either

Honored Contributor

@Lipstick Diva. I wrote in my post above that Target has an extended return policy. No guesswork necessary.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  that is very fair. I would hate to buy toilet paper and paper towels that someone returned. Hope every retailer follows this rule. I know some time ago I also read about this. Anyway, why would anyone return items that are essential? I´m sure those in Florida won´t be returning any of those things. Hurricane season is around the corner.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that most companies will be crediting the customers who are returning clothing. Of course they won´t ask you to return them because of the risk involved.

It would be great if QVC could do the same also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 

Good point!!! I am so focused on the current virus forgot hurricane is right around the corner😳🙄!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  I remember those hurricanes. We lived in Sunrise Fl for about 20 years so didn´t get too much of it but we always ran to Georgia. Now in Georgia we have tornadoes and we can´t run.

My friends in the Carribbean are hoping that if there is a mild tropical storm that it will blow away the virus.