Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart.....Target....not doing returns right now

I know Target has not done returns in the store for nearly 3 weeks now.  Returns are taken by mail.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Interesting to note.   I've seen the signs in Publix for all purchases but none in WM or Target.

I bought 2 large storage containers on Friday from WM.

I only needed the 1 and plan to return the other.  I just looked at my receipt and doesn't state anything about non-returnable or refundable.

I also shopped Target (in store) for GD bday gifts (clothes, toys) and shower gift (housewares)  nothing stated on receipt non-refundable or returnable.

I hope if they need to "exchange" for size they will honor as I enclosed gift receipts for all items. 

Thank you for posting this. I'll call to confirm our store is doing this.  Different areas may have different guidelines.

Honored Contributor

The problem with not taking returns is when I made my purchase at Target some time in March I did so under their return terms. Now they aren't letting me return it (a microwave that isn't working right) under the terms by which I purchased it and will have to pay my bill for it because that is due before I will be able to return it. Yes I'll get a credit on my bill later but I really don't want to pay for it!
Honored Contributor

I just called both my local Target & WM...now I know "anyone" can answer the phone but the NO RETURN policy only applies to purchases deemed "essential" during this pandemic.  IE - food, paper products, cleaning products, pet food, etc.  

NOT non-essential things..

this answer seems reasonable -- who knows if fact🤷‍♀️.

Honored Contributor

I wish that was the case at my Target but it is not. It is also not what the sign says.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Maybe a call to the store manager to get a replacement and they can make it right.  As I said, every State has different guidelines & stages of this pandemic but in your case they maybe able to do something.

🤞🏻🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

@homeedecor1 Thanks but I don't want a
replacement for that particular one. Since I needed a microwave I bought another one there that was a different. So now I have 2 on my bill that is due which is why I really really don't want to pay for that first one.
Frequent Contributor

Hi. I had a similar problem at kohl's...I got their bill for the one item I had purchased but had intended to return ....but then the closures came .... I called kohl's and asked if they could just waive any late fee if I didn't pay it......I didn't go into a long story about intending to return etc.... they were very kind and agreed to Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Still babybecky wrote:

Hi. I had a similar problem at kohl's...I got their bill for the one item I had purchased but had intended to return ....but then the closures came .... I called kohl's and asked if they could just waive any late fee if I didn't pay it......I didn't go into a long story about intending to return etc.... they were very kind and agreed to Smiley Happy

@Pearlee 

Maybe you can call your cc company like @Still babybecky  did.  I'm thinking they are making many "exceptions" now ...worth a try!  It's not like you purchased a small $$  item.

Honored Contributor

Returns need to be selective but a blanket no return policy doesn't work. For example, a neighbor mistakenly bought the wrong flavor of jar pasta sauce. It's in a glass jar and the seal is still clearly intact. There's no reason the grocery store shouldn't either accept a return or allow an exchange, assuming they actually have the flavor she wants. What she was told was the only items they weren't accepting were 'hoarded' items and items that are clearly risky, such as deli, fruits, vegetable and bakery items. Anything that was more or less sold in 'open' packaging. This makes sense to me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...