Honored Contributor

Walmart Not Giving Free Shipping For Every Item!

[ Edited ]

I would let the list add up then get it delivered.  So easy and convenient.

I can still do delivery, but now, it's $9.95 for delivery or you can do a year for just under $100.00 if you have a third party vendor item!

SO much for saving money.

I would have thought a lot of shipments would have enabled to raise their profits through better prices from their vendors.

Are you going to subscribe to their delivery?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart No Longer Giving Free Shipping!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG    Not as long as I'm  paying Amazon big bucks to deliver.  I don't need two such services and they both carry pretty much the same merchandise.  I predict Wal-Mart Delivery will take a dive as there are so many people with my attitude.

I always keep some Hormel shelf stable "Compleats" dinners on hand for times I'm not too hungry.  I recently ordered a dozen from Wal-Mart.  Eleven were promptly delivered; A few days later along came a delivery man with one lonely little $2. dinner.  It no wonder they're losing money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Now that's a mistake on Walmart's part. Who would choose 'Walmart Prime' over Amazon Prime? For pretty much the same price? It's not even a competition. Amazon offers so much more.

Walmart's online offering feels like an afterthought when I've looked at it. I rarely used it before, and would not use it now if it costs extra.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I quit WM shipping over a year ago. I ordered 11 grocery items and they arrived in 5 different boxes over 5 days.

One box containg only oatmeal was lost in transit over 3 days. They refunded my $. Finally arrived with the oatmeal box split open and oatmeal all over.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not plan on subscribing to Walmart's delivery service. I find it unfortunate that they have stopped the free delivery. I have a feeling that as long as they kept the free delivery over $35 policy that not many were subscribing to the delivery program.

I have two large Superstores very close to our home. I will just do curbside pickup. They are very efficient, and it takes only a few minutes to be there and back home.

I suppose if I need something from a 3rd party vendor, I will have to pay the $9.95. I am probably one of a handful of people in the country who refuse to use Amazon, so I am not paying for their service.

Respected Contributor

I just drive over and do my own shipping. Not one for shopping for anything on line.

Respected Contributor

Where did you find this information? I went to the WM app and still see free shipping offered.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over two weeks ago I placed an order on Walmart dot com. I got free shipping b/c my order was over $35. I have yet to receive it! It has been delayed with OnTrac shipping for all this time. WM's CS told me to be patient and that my stuff will get here. 

No way I'm paying for their 'prime membership', or whatever it's called, especially after that experience.

Look at this OnTrac tracking event log for my order. Ridiculous!!

All OnTrac EventsHover or tap select items for more details.

Date & Time Event City Door Tag

03/24/22
06:01PM
Shipment Delayed; Delivery Date Updated  
03/23/22
06:00PM
03/22/22
06:02PM
03/21/22
06:01PM
03/18/22
06:00PM
03/17/22
04:10PM
Delayed by weather. See service alert.  
03/17/22
04:10PM
03/16/22
06:02PM
03/15/22
06:03PM
03/12/22
06:23PM
Package scanned at facility.COMMERCE, CA 
03/12/22
04:39PM
Shipping label created; data received.ONTARIO, CA

ONTRAC DOES NOT DELIVER ON WEEKENDS...makes it even longer to get stuff!

Honored Contributor

I won't pay for shipping either.  I have 3 Walmarts in my area and also, 3 Aldi's.  I actually like shopping in store.

Have any of you noticed how terrible Walmart's site is?  It changed several months ago.  It is SOOO slow and it jumps all around.  I left a review about it when asked "what did I think about my shopping experience?"  I told them......not much! Woman SurprisedWoman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I would let the list add up then get it delivered.  So easy and convenient.

I can still do delivery, but now, it's $9.95 for delivery or you can do a year for just under $100.00!  

SO much for saving money.

I would have thought a lot of shipments would have enabled to raise their profits through better prices from their vendors.

Are you going to subscribe to their delivery?

I have no idea what kind of service YOU get from Walmart, but I can buy items on Walmart.com and get free shipping for items that total more than $35.00.  I do this a lot.  A lot.  A lot.  Matter of fact, just got a delivery three days ago of some pantry items that I like to keep in stock.

I shop their personal care items, pantry items and other things.  Never food because there is no local Walmart near me for me to participate in this new program they are offering.

Posters need to double check what you just said, cause I'm not finding that to be true @ECBG .

Spend $35.00 and get FREE SHIPPING if your items are sold and shipped from Walmart.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life