Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@MickD wrote:

The man is not mentally-ill.  It is not like he needed to be de-escalated and talked off of a bridge or cliff.  He had the foresight; the means; the plan to commit murder.  He is impulsive, angry, and weak ego'd.

Didn't realize you were qualified to making that diagnosis.  

It is views like these that stop people from seeking help till sadly it is to late.

And you're not qualified to diagnose him as mentally ill either.  If he wanted to seek help, he had all the means at his disposal.  From what I've seen of the coverage (provided by himself), he was angry with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Not every criminal is mentally ill.  But it's a convenient "defense".

Being local I believe there is much more personal information being reported than through other media outlets.  I never said he was mentally ill, I said "all indications are that he had a mental breakdown".  If you don't think you need help or are afraid of the stigma of being "mentally ill" that society, employers, friends, family etc. place on you,  then all the help in the world is usless.

I'm local too and let's remember that there have been a lot of conflicting stories that were told about him.

Sunday they interviewed some of his "fraternity brothers" and several others who said he seemed to always be a very nice man and they were shocked he did this.

Then you had others who said there was always something about Stephens that seemed off and that he was rumored to be abusive to animals. 

Who knows what the "facts" about him really are and we'll never know.  It's just too bad he didn't off himself before taking an innocent life.   

Honored Contributor

I am so glad this animal is dead and off the streets!!! The last murder he committed was his own!

Honored Contributor

PA STATE POLICE REPORT, 4-18-17

"Steve Stephens was spotted this morning by PSP members in Erie County. After a brief pursuit, Stephens shot and killed himself."

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

I am glad when a criminal like this commits suicide.  I think of all the time, energy, and $$ that goes into convicting and housing a criminal who commits such a heinous crime.  He saved us all of this. 

Honored Contributor

Very relieved this horror has ended, and hope people will remember the innocent victim, Mr. Goodwin...

Honored Contributor

Such a sad and heartbreaking story. The ending this afternoon was predictable...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

PA STATE POLICE REPORT, 4-18-17

"Steve Stephens was spotted this morning by PSP members in Erie County. After a brief pursuit, Stephens shot and killed himself."

That's correct @AnikaBrodie.  News reports confirm he killed himself.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

The man was out of his mind...Thankfully in the end he made the best choice for society.

Honored Contributor

Nobody goes out and "practices" shooting (which he did) prior to "snapping"....  

I don't understand why these people don't just take themselves out and leave everyone else alone.....  But no, first they have to terrorize and bring grief to others, then and only then (when the Police have them surrounded) do they decide they can't go on....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*