Respected Contributor

What a sad, sick story.  I hope they find this guy ASAP.  Sending my deepest sympathy to that man's family.  Can't imagine what they must be going through. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

The man is not mentally-ill.  It is not like he needed to be de-escalated and talked off of a bridge or cliff.  He had the foresight; the means; the plan to commit murder.  He is impulsive, angry, and weak ego'd.

Didn't realize you were qualified to making that diagnosis.  

It is views like these that stop people from seeking help till sadly it is to late.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I read that there is a $50,000 reward.  I hope someone is able to come forward to provide good information that leads to his capture. 

Earlier I read a comment from a Facebook rep indicating they think the shooting was thought to have occurred earlier then posted online.  They are saying he used Facebook Live, but not with the murder video.  Although they say they have a way to filter content, I think that video was left up way too long.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WTH is GOING ON?

[ Edited ]

The latest is they feel he has left the state.  News outlets are asking him to contact some clergy members that he is close to and will trust.  Hopefully he will do that so it can end peacefully.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@MickD wrote:

The man is not mentally-ill.  It is not like he needed to be de-escalated and talked off of a bridge or cliff.  He had the foresight; the means; the plan to commit murder.  He is impulsive, angry, and weak ego'd.

It is views like these that stop people from seeking help till sadly it is to late.

And you're not qualified to diagnose him as mentally ill either.  If he wanted to seek help, he had all the means at his disposal.  From what I've seen of the coverage (provided by himself), he was angry with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Not every criminal is mentally ill.  But it's a convenient "defense".

Honored Contributor

Here is the face of the man that Stephens shot for absolutely no reason at all. 

Image result for robert godwin

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@MickD wrote:

And you're not qualified to diagnose him as mentally ill either.  If he wanted to seek help, he had all the means at his disposal.  From what I've seen of the coverage (provided by himself), he was angry with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Not every criminal is mentally ill.  But it's a convenient "defense".

Being local I believe there is much more personal information being reported than through other media outlets.  I never said he was mentally ill, I said "all indications are that he had a mental breakdown".  If you don't think you need help or are afraid of the stigma of being "mentally ill" that society, employers, friends, family etc. place on you,  then all the help in the world is usless.

Esteemed Contributor

I read someplace that the family has forgiven the monster for killing their elderly father.

I don't think that I could do that.

I would have to be good and angry for a long time first.

Perhaps for a very long time, before I even entertained the idea of forgiveness.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy - No excuse for what he did and the way he recorded it all.  It was cold-blooded murder.  Period.

(And, believe me, it's being covered in excruciating detail on every channel, local or national.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@CrazyDaisy - No excuse for what he did and the way he recorded it all.  It was cold-blooded murder.  Period.

(And, believe me, it's being covered in excruciating detail on every channel, local or national.)

I never excused his actions nor the need for an appropiate punishment.  Just not going to make that leap till all the facts are in.