Respected Contributor

Re: WTH is GOING ON?

[ Edited ]

As horrible as that is, I read your post as it was a news broadcaster interviewing someone and the broadcaster pulled a gun and shot the person on live TV.

Esteemed Contributor

CNN reported the victim is 74 year old Robert Godwin, who had just left his children's home after eating an Easter meal.  He was walking home when he was randomly targeted by Stevens.  May he rest in peace.  My heart goes out to his family.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

CNN reported the victim is 74 year old Robert Godwin, who had just left his children's home after eating an Easter meal.  He was walking home when he was randomly targeted by Stevens.  May he rest in peace.  My heart goes out to his family.

@wildcat fan, this is what's so disturbing to me.  He chose the man at random.  Of course, I'd be mad either way, but this old man, whom he didn't know.  I'll be glad when they catch him.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I'm stunned no one is talking about this.

Amazing what was newsworthy a week ago, as of this writing,

versus a week later.  One incident turned the world on its ear;

the other incident, barely a blip on the screen.

One man had a choice, but Mr. Robert Goodwin, Sr. didn't 

have that luxury of a choice.  RIP, Mr. Goodwin, RIP.

Super Contributor

Such a very sad story.  Prayers for the victims family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sad part is that you can't always look at a person and tell that they are on the brink of snapping.  I hope he is caught and put out of his misery before he hurts anyone else.  I saw part of the video on the local news and wish I hadn't even though they didn't show the actual shooting.

That poor old man didn't have a chance!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

They believe he is in Erie. I hope they just take him out , no questions.

Honored Contributor

I'm so upset that ANY news station is showing the moments before that man is shot.

I have such a problem with the loss of dignity given when someone's unfair, untimely, unexpected demise is pictured in my living room.

No one needed to see that.  Nothing good comes from it.  Other than a sick need to show it, so people would look. 

And some people are sick for looking for it where it hasn't been deleted.  Sick and sickening.

Heaven forbid if that had been my loved one, I would be so tortured to know that the world was able to watch something like that.

I have no words that could be printed for the blob of flesh that did this.

Trusted Contributor

The family of that man said there are phony go fund me things that they have nothing to do with and urge people not to give money to them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis, I saw this on TV last night, and couldn't believe what I saw, the poor elderly man was just walking down the sidewalk and he shot him for no reason at all!!!  I hope they find this animal, and shoot him down!!!