Honored Contributor

back in April had Corona too.

How he kept that a secret is anybody's guess.

Honored Contributor

Probably got it from or gave it to his father.

I don't understand the reasoning for keeping it secret.

Honored Contributor
@CelticCrafter. He didn't wear a mask during his outings for quite a while after the pandemic started (I saw photos) so not sure how he contracted it
Honored Contributor

According to the news, in England they can manage to keep things secret.

Maybe since he thought Covid was over-hyped by the media, he decided to keep quiet when he had it.  

Respected Contributor

The article that I read said that he kept it quiet because he didn't want to worry people. I wonder if he told hsi staff and those who were around him. The whole point of letting people know that you have Covid 19 is for tracking so that they can be tested. Lord knows how many people he came in contact with while he was infectious. If his father didn't keep his positive status a secret. I think William was not very responsible. 

Honored Contributor
This is why I always think citing sources is important, which I wish OP had done. Now that I tried to find the source of this info on the net, I see that media reporting it are citing The Sun as their source, often referred to as tabloid. The source is not Buckinham Palace which or any other official royal source (that I could find anyway).
Honored Contributor

Having had no contact with him, none of this matters one whit to me whether it was a secret or not.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning America is where I watched it this morning

You must not get up early

Esteemed Contributor

(CNN)   Prince William, second-in-line to the British throne, tested positive for coronavirus earlier this year, according to the BBC, citing palace sources.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   So true, all reports be it the BBC, NBC, CBS, etc. are based only on the reports by The Sun.