Respected Contributor

Re: WOW Prince William

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

As The Royal Family has been under intense scrutiny this year for a plethora of reasons, it is quite possible they did not wish to be fodder for the avaricious media, during a very intense and private time.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Those are my thoughts as well @SandySparkles.   Many in the country were still upset over the Harry situation with the tabloids having a field day with running articles about Harry. 

Then the pandemic hits and Charles announces he has contracted the virus. If I remember correctly, late March or early April is when Boris Johnson was admitted to the hospital and ultimately transferred to ICU.  That news had some in that country rattled already.

So, I can certainly see that some would not want people in the country wondering/worrying about the next in line (William) also contracting the virus.  That would be both heirs sick with the virus and their Prime Minister in the hospital due to the virus.

I also don't know who the party responsible for the decision was, but think it was likely a decision made by palace officials to not release the information.  William may have been too sick to even try to think about if he agreed or disagreed with the decision.  Until he would make a statement about it, no one really knows. 

The fact that it is coming out now is not a big deal to me.  I am just glad he did okay and is doing well today.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I am sure lots of people have had the virus and recovered nicely that have not been reported, counted or even known they had it.

I know that your point here is very important to you, but it really doesn't have much to do with this topic. @CrazyDaisy 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
@suzyQ3. You've never seen a thread get slightly off topic before? I thought it was relevant if in fact William being positive was not reported.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@suzyQ3. You've never seen a thread get slightly off topic before? I thought it was relevant if in fact William being positive was not reported.

That's great, @Pearlee.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm still not quite understanding why this was a big secret.  Life in the UK continued after his father was diagnosed last I checked.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I too saw it reported on Good Morning America.  Not sure what their source was though.  I've only seen The Sun UK as a source. 

I received an update through People magazine online. 

I receive any kind of information on the royal family through the magazine, in my e-mail inbox, as I like to keep up with news on the royal family. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I too saw it reported on Good Morning America.  Not sure what their source was though.  I've only seen The Sun UK as a source. 

I received an update through People magazine online. 

I receive any kind of information on the royal family through the magazine, in my e-mail inbox, as I like to keep up with news on the royal family. Smiley Happy

@Toppers3 , I get that but where did People get the information?  That is what a few posters here want to know.  The source of these stories. 

Honored Contributor
The article on the People site still has The Sun as its source.
Honored Contributor

I don't understand how this is being reported as new "news".  DH and I knew about this months ago.  I can't remember how I found out, but there were clips of William talking to someone in a group, laughing about Corona virus being "hyped" and how "someone has a cough and suddenly they've got Corona!"

We heard he had tested positive just after Charles was diagnosed and thought "Is it still being hyped?  Have you just got a cough?"  We heard that William was quarantining away from Kate and the children, for obvious reasons.

If it was a secret, it wasn't a very well-kept one.  So I'm amazed they're just reporting this now.