Frequent Contributor

As of yesterday.... Saturday 8/31..... I can no longer get QVC2 on my tv’s that  do not subscribe to “HD”Verizon cable.   Was there an announcement made about this?  The same goes for HSN2.  My tv’s without HD play music along with a statement saying that nothing is wrong with my cable service, but that the “content prodiver” ( QVC & HSN) is currently not sending programming for this channel!  Anyone else have this problem?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED??? QVC2???

Check your recent Verizon statements.  I have been unable to get Q2 and Q3 in non-HD for some time (we have an older TV in the den).  I happened to see a notice from Verizon on the statement a few months back.

I still get the channels in HD, on other TVs.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

Honored Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

As of yesterday.... Saturday 8/31..... I can no longer get QVC2 on my tv’s that  do not subscribe to “HD”Verizon cable.   Was there an announcement made about this?  The same goes for HSN2.  My tv’s without HD play music along with a statement saying that nothing is wrong with my cable service, but that the “content prodiver” ( QVC & HSN) is currently not sending programming for this channel!  Anyone else have this problem?

@CindyDale  Spectrum carries these channels, but many times, I go to that channel and the screen is blank w/ a message that the “channel is not available at this time”. Why not? Happens on HGTV, Food Network, I never know which ones it will be. Gotta love Spectrum! Not. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t have Verizon, but I think someone mentioned in another thread the other day that they are only carrrying QVC2 in HD now.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch anything in non-HD, so I haven't checked the non-HD shopping channels lately.  I just checked and Verizon FIOS no longer carries the QVC channel in non-HD, but seems to still carry HSN in non-HD.

Honored Contributor

My main tv in the livingroom has HD but the one in my bedroom doesn't. I no longer get Q2 on that tv.  

Respected Contributor

It is only on HD Verizon TV now.

You need the cable box for HD TV, the old cable boxes will not carry it, and the cable box upgrade cost more. Call Verizon customer service they will explain it.

It is so annoying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to my TVs yesterday.  I had QVC 2 but it wasn't in HD and yesterday it was suddenly gone.

However after giving it some thought I decided to try adding the number 6 in front of the number and dropping the one in front of it.  For instance the main QVC channel which is in HD is number 650 locally for me and QVC 2 was 153.  I tried number 653 just now and guess what?!!...QVC2 is now  there in HD!!

ETA:  I have Verizon FIOS too.

Honored Contributor

I get QVC via antenna.  Q2 disappeared about 2 weeks ago.  I can still get it using my Amazon Firestick.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment