Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

[ Edited ]

Why is it this is the only thread that does not take me to my last post on said thread??? GRRRR

Anyhoo...good day to all! 

Spent my day cleaning house and cutting one of our shih-tzu's hair. We have had so much rain and then she scratches and became so knotty...even though I brush her daily. All went well until she decided to jump and turn and look at the clippers...and now she is the proud owner of a big bald patch.Woman Embarassed Oh well it shall grow back.

Hope all have a great weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

Today I did some laundry and shoveled snow in preparation for a storm we’re getting tonight/tomorrow— expecting 18”. Tomorrow will be spent watching the snow fall, the wind blow (possible gusts up to 50mph) and more shoveling. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@croemer ...kudos to you for grooming your dog...I would never attempt that job.....our dog is over due for her grooming, so I did attempt to trim around her eyes...I did it but would not want to do it on a regular basis....and I was surprised that she stayed fairly still.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ShowMe ....darn autocorrect... I did not win jeans....probably meant own....

So sorry you are battling cancer, you sound like a trooper and to be alone has to be scary...but I guess you do what you have to do, and good friends and neighbors are a God send.

My mom had breast cancer....she has been gone for 25+ years, miss her so much.  She was a trooper too, I never heard her complain...take care of yourself.

@Mom2Dogs....thanks for your kind words.  Yes, it is scary....and the most scariest part of all is the fear of falling....  Have been so very fortunate for many things, and most fortunate for all the prayers....have had many of them.  I do believe in the power of prayer.

Sorry about your mom.  Of course you miss her.  Really, complaining does no one any good.  

I am trying to take care.....and thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Why is it this is the only thread that does not take me to my last post on said thread??? GRRRR

Anyhoo...good day to all! 

Spent my day cleaning house and cutting one of our shih-tzu's hair. We have had so much rain and then she scratches and became so knotty...even though I brush her daily. All went well until she decided to jump and turn and look at the clippers...and now she is the proud owner of a big bald patch.Woman Embarassed Oh well it shall grow back.

Hope all have a great weekend.

@croemer.....hey lady great to see you again.  Sorry, I have no answer to the problems you have on getting to the right place on this thread.....Not an IT person.

So you got your house all clean and groomed one of your pups.  That must have been a chore.  Yep, that hair will grow back.....lol.

Hope you have a great weekend too.  

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

Today I did some laundry and shoveled snow in preparation for a storm we’re getting tonight/tomorrow— expecting 18”. Tomorrow will be spent watching the snow fall, the wind blow (possible gusts up to 50mph) and more shoveling. Smiley Sad

@akaburtonfan......understand that many folks will be being slammed.  According the weather report it is already hitting some places tonight.  18" is a heck of a lot of snow.  Be careful shoveling.  Hopefully you won't lose power.

Rest well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once again it is later than usual for me.  I am getting tired and still need to get ready for bed....get my jammies on, wash my face, brush my teeth.....the usual.  Have turned back my covers, so bed is waiting for me.

Got my meat out of the freezer to thaw for tomorrow.  Will be making my stuffed green peppers.  It's been a while since I've made them....and am really getting hungry for them.

Here's hoping all of you sleep well tonight, and have SWEET DREAMS.....be silent tonight.....lol

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Hope all is well with you and hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

It is chilly here this morning, but supposed to warm up later.  Sun is shinning brightly.

Was awakened several times during the night because the living room window storm windows were rattling.  It was very windy.  It is still windy, but not nearly as much as during the night.

Will be having a slow day today.  Have the ground meat out on the counter thawing so I can make the stuffed peppers later today.  What I don't get in the peppers will freeze for an extra meal.  

Want to pay my bills this afternoon too.  Keep forgetting that February is a shorter month and need to get some of the paid bills in the mail tomorrow morning for pick up.  

And of course, will be watching Victoria tonight, then my island shows on HGTV.

OK, that's about it for me.  How about you????

Honored Contributor

Well, one less thing I need to be concerned about now.  My neighbor across the way just put my new license plates on my car.  Took his screw driver through the old tags on them and messed them up, then bent both of them, and brought them in to me.  Have put them in the trash can to be taken out to the dumpster.  I gave him 2 of the beers that I had delivered with my groceries the other day.  Think he was happy to get them.

Don't get to see one another very often.  Was nice chatting with him.  He's not happy with the new owners either.  Don't think many folks are.  He is going to be retiring in about 2 years, then will move out to his place in the country.  He has lived here for quite some time now.

Ok, am involved in doing some things here, and better get back to them.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much new.

made up my dinner for tonight. in fridge ready for baking. chicken pot pie.

did get walk in. had heavy rain overnight, huge puddles today on walk.

grandson was picked up. guess he was being taken to a dinasauor movie before home.

that is about all for now. later.