Esteemed Contributor

Re: WDBJ Reporters were shot

@NoelSeven wrote:

People don't have to be mentally ill to be criminals or want to be in the spotlight, but you sure have a point about all the types out there.

I've lived it and I've seen it.  Immaturity personified in so many.  I don't they they've actually realized that they aren't going to get the world to pamper, baby, coddle, flatter, etc. like their moms did from the rest of the world.  Adult tantrums are the norm today.  Parents aren't teaching their children to maturely take a 'NO'.  It doesn't mean they are rejects or whatever.  It simply means that at the time/place, they weren't or aren't needed or what someone has in mind.  We have juvenile adults today. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

It is very sad - they were so young - she was about 24, just moved in with her boyfriend and he was about 28-29 and was engaged to be married.

They had their whole life ahead of them....

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

People don't have to be mentally ill to be criminals or want to be in the spotlight, but you sure have a point about all the types out there.

exactly.  This excuse of someone being mentally ill for this type of crime, is a cop-out excuse.  We all know where it stems from and diverts the topic to the root cause of the issue.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Ward was engaged to morning WDBJ producer, Melissa Ott, who was leaving the station for a job in Charlotte, North Carolina, Marks said. Ward was moving with her.

There was cake and balloons in the newsroom on Wednesday morning celebrating the move and the couple's engagement, said anchor Kimberly McBroom.

Ward recently told coworkers he intended to leave the news business when he left for Charlotte.

Ward's personal Facebook page is decorated with images of him and Ott, including his marriage proposal to her.

Such a horrible situation! Smiley Sad  I pray for both their families and friends!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

The suspect died.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Ward was engaged to morning WDBJ producer, Melissa Ott, who was leaving the station for a job in Charlotte, North Carolina, Marks said. Ward was moving with her.

There was cake and balloons in the newsroom on Wednesday morning celebrating the move and the couple's engagement, said anchor Kimberly McBroom.

Ward recently told coworkers he intended to leave the news business when he left for Charlotte.

Ward's personal Facebook page is decorated with images of him and Ott, including his marriage proposal to her.

Such a horrible situation! Smiley Sad  I pray for both their families and friends!

Really heartbreaking....

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Reportiong here that the shooter is dead. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

This hits close to home for me as an HR person and working in employment law, this is the reason we recommend taking all complaints seriously (and why these things are confidential and most of all don't talk to the media).  This person had a troubled work history before workign at this station, which was alluded to by the station manager.  When he arrived at the station, he started making complaints.  He clearly didn't feel his complaints were being heard.  The station manager's tone in discussing this isn't helping the station and is building a very solid case for the families and the woman from the Chamber of Commerce to sue the station for their part in all of this.

Where is the station's lawyer?  My corporate lawyer would be on oxygen right now if she knew employees were going on tv discussion his HR complaints and EEOC complaint.

And now the EEOC will have to weigh in since the station manager characterized the complaint outcome as unsubstantiated.  The media will be all over the EEOC trying to find out what happened and what turned in up their investigation.  The media can get this through an FOIA request, so they best come out with it now and get in frotn of it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

A lot of people leave their employment on bad terms but they don't kill co workers. Only the people with mental issues do.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.