Trusted Contributor

Re: WDBJ Reporters were shot

@oceanbreezy wrote:

When you have a disgruntled employee who feels he/she is being treated unfairly, the supervisor of that employee should direct them to Human Resources, listen to their concerns and would recommend that employee be submitted into a employee assistance  program under the management of Labor Relations. Proper grievance procedures should be in place to prevent these kinds of tragedies. The campus police or company security with police powers  should also be informed and placed on standby.

Nice response.    When you let go from a job it's devastating.   I know, I've been laid off for months from a job of 20 years.    They don't care.  My old company asked me to come back when they realized their yearly State review was due and they don't have a clue what to do (I did that).   They literally tried to get me back.   What he did was horrible and sickening.   But, sometimes you reach a breaking point and you can't take it anymore!  There is not enough care or thought to help those in transition.    I am finding out that few people help and if they do, they charge you a lot of money for their services.   When you're out of work, you can't afford it.

It's all a shame.   But, as this poster says, companies need to do a better job to assist people instead of hanging them out to dry.

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw on CNN that that Bozo shooter had a 23 page manifesto he sent to a television station. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

PamfromCT:  Who would have thought (that)....re: Hartford.......my gosh.  Any ideas/thoughts re: why?

I only wish I knew.  We also have big problems with two other cities, including New Haven.  The only explanation I have heard is that we are on a "corridor" of illegal gun trafficking.  It certainly seems to me that the police are trying their best, but I heard that consultations with the Feds have happened.  It is just so crazy!  There have been instances of innocent (non-gang members) being shot.  Not that anyone deserves to die.  It makes us sick.  Even though we live in a further away woodsy suburb, away from all of this, I feel so, so sorry for all those good folks who live in dangerous areas of Hartford because they are too poor to make a move.  Our "safe" suburbs are very expensive here.       

It's like people living in separate countries.  Several weeks ago, when Hartford got this designation, some 17 people had been killed in shootings, not to mention those injured.  

Honored Contributor

I just read a little bit about this on CNN, that guy has had issues for a long time. 

Out of respect I didn't look at any videos posted there, but how horrific for early morning viewers to watch it unfold.

Don't understand the politics being brought up about this.   Do we already know what he was registered as or something???