Honored Contributor

I have never been in a Walmart and I have no desire to go.  I don't even know where one is.

I have been having groceries delivered from Costco and a local market but I actually like to go grocery shopping so I will be happy when I feel comfortable doing that again.  Maybe next year.....

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

My Niece works at Walmart in the suburbs of Chicago, I will have to ask her and see what her take is on it.  I never went in the wee hours anyway and now I never go in, I am strictly a curbside pick up kinda.  That started well over a year ago after knee surgery and continues to this day.  it's either that or online ordering.  Not sure if i will ever feel comfortable going into a store again.  Honestly I just don't miss it.

------

I can't imagine being OK, with the idea, of never going in a store again. 

I just don't think that's healthy, individually, and it certainly wouldn't be healthy, for our economy, if, most people felt that way.  

@SuhseK, I think that she does pick-up or delivery. So she is still helping the economy.

Personally, my health is not dependent on going inside a market.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Talked to a emploee at Walmart today and they told me that Walmart will most likely never be open 24/7.  

@BalletBabe 

Never is a long time. 

I’ve never needed any store to be open 24/7 but I really like the time and money I am saving just doing online orders for pickup/delivery for everything. I’m unlikely to ever care much about the hours for B&M shopping because I may never have need to go in one again! 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Talked to a emploee at Walmart today and they told me that Walmart will most likely never be open 24/7.  

@BalletBabe    Unless this person was from the executive suite in Arkansas, I don't know how he could possibly know what Walmart's hours will be 10 years from now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe    Unless this person was from the executive suite in Arkansas, I don't know how he could possibly know what Walmart's hours will be 10 years from now.

@Kachina624    I would guess that even Walmart Corporate doesn't have an official answer to that one......    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe Prices may reflect the savings in staff and operating costs.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

Even if they aren't open 24/7 I would like to see them increase their store hours now.  Mine is open 7am -8:30 PM.  Another store by me that was 24/7 is 6am to 10PM.  I was rushed out of Walmart twice due to their early closing.  I don't see why either of these stores couldn't be open until Midnight.

@mimomof4 Even in "normal" times, very few people are out at 10 pm to do actual shopping.  All of the staff, lights, and cooling, heat costs.

Respected Contributor

I have never gone to Walmart or any store for that matter in the middle of the night. 

I knew people were going to ask you how does this person know this. I find it funny how people can't take things as they are said. You never suggested this is a fact. It clearly comes from someone who only has a thought on it. Not a Walmart executive. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I like the way you think.  I haven never and now will never be going to a store that late.

However, I do understand those hours work well for other people for various reasons.

I think you might be like me.  I try to think about how just because it's not something I'd do there are people who shop that time of night.

There are groups of people who shop after the late shift.  There are people who shop at night due to how they care for their children or elderly parents.

Perhaps some people get paid extra if they work at night and want to stay home with small children during the day.

I mean, I think it's good that people are offered a choice.

Just because I don't shop then I understand why some people like and/or NEED to shop at those hours.  

Like I say, "Two sides to every story".  Right @AngelPuppy1 Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i think more gouts could help in some ways to prevent overcrowding with everyone trying to get there before closing but I can understand they need more time to clean as well.