Contributor

Do these moccasins run true to size?  

Honored Contributor

Why wouldn't shoes run true to size????  I think shoes are different from pants and tops; they aren't stretch synthetics so the concept of  "sizing down" doesn't work.  If I were buying, I'd buy the shoe size I know I wear.  But they definitely are not for me.  I know Leah wears a size 11 and when I clicked on to the show and she was sitting there in those shoes, I laughed.  Omg...  It looked like she was wearing canoes on her feet.  I wear a size 10 so they'd look like boats on my feet too.  That's the problem with loafers like that, they make our feet look larger for those of us who wear larger sizes.  Of course, sizing down would not be the answer.     I'll wait for a more streamlined, feminine loafer.  I know there will be one.

Regular Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Why wouldn't shoes run true to size????  I think shoes are different from pants and tops; they aren't stretch synthetics so the concept of  "sizing down" doesn't work.  If I were buying, I'd buy the shoe size I know I wear.  But they definitely are not for me.  I know Leah wears a size 11 and when I clicked on to the show and she was sitting there in those shoes, I laughed.  Omg...  It looked like she was wearing canoes on her feet.  I wear a size 10 so they'd look like boats on my feet too.  That's the problem with loafers like that, they make our feet look larger for those of us who wear larger sizes.  Of course, sizing down would not be the answer.     I'll wait for a more streamlined, feminine loafer.  I know there will be one.

The OP asked this because sometimes shoes do run differently and we are told to size down, as in if there are no half sizes. 

Why are you so snarky?

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

@Hawkfan83 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The OP asked this because sometimes shoes do run differently and we are told to size down, as in if there are no half sizes. 

Why are you so snarky?

It's probably genetic but feel free to skip by my posts if you don't like them.  Reading them is your choice.  And going down a size just because the shoe isn't offered in your REAL size, is a return waiting to happen.  Or....it's sore feet...LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Crv wrote:

Do these moccasins run true to size?  

Since these have half sizes, they said order your regular size. 

Respected Contributor

RE:  "... shoes are different from pants and tops; they aren't stretch synthetics so the concept of  "sizing down" doesn't work."

The Original Poster's question was valid.  FYI, there are moccasin manufacturers* that are specific about the fit of their mocs running larger, from half to as much as a full size.  They also advise that leather stretches. 

*Minnetonka, for one

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of ballet flats from Minnetonka and there was a note that said please size up as these shoes run small.

And you are absolutely correct @chrystaltree we don't have to read your snarky remarks, so please feel free not to read mine.

As you said ". . . feel free to skip by my posts if you don't like them. Reading them is your choice."

Super Contributor

The only Vionic mocs I tried are Mesa mocs and found that I needed to size down.  

Respected Contributor

just received mine today and unfortunately they are going back.  They didn’t Run True to size for me.   They run too short in the length.  I wear a 9W and the width was perfect, but the length is just too short.  Very painful to walk in.   Have to say though the quality is superb.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

What is wrong with you? Yes shoes can run small or large. Many companies that have ratings like Zappos have this as an option to chose when leaving a review on their sites.