Respected Contributor

There was a parade for Villanova in Philadelphia today.  The city sue knows how to make everything smooth for any parade and in the process they shut down everything for hours on end.

the parade went down Market Street starting on 20th Street to begin at 11:00 a.m. and proceeding up to City Hall.  I wanted to go to the hardware store and had to walk across that street on 19th Street.  Got there at 10:40 and they would not let anybody cross.  So after about 40 min of waiting, I was frozen stiff and went back home.   As far as I could determine from watching that location on the news, everything was still blocked about an hour and a half later after everything was over.   Similar things happened when the pope was here too.

I do have to say that everybody, no matter what age just had a lot of fun.  And since it was nearing lunch time, all the office high rises let their people go and watch.  So, there were lots of people and at no time did I feel threatened by anything.

Just wanted to let off a little steam, even from my frozen body.

Respected Contributor

Re: Villanova Victory Parade

The parade ended just below my office window. I had the perfect view - sitting right on my office window ledge. After the parade ended I went down to our lobby and asked security if there were any incidents they encountered and they said no everything went well. I just looked out my window and not a hint that there was a parade down Market Street. The trash trucks were here as soon as the parade passed and cleaned up all of the blue/white confetti that was covering the street.

#NovaNation

Honored Contributor

I love a parade!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to Villanovan on their big win!!!!  Nova Nation is celebrating!!!!

Philadelphia has had some major events and parades in the past few years and the city handled them very well!!!  

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom  That was the way to see the parade from your own warm office.  It was soooo cold and windy that after 40 minutes my legs were frozen from my feet all the way to my knees.  Fortunately I only had to walk 1 block to be back home and stayed in all afternoon.