Respected Contributor

Re: Very Difficult Situation

@JBKO

Unless this pregnant 13 year old is your younger sister, it really is not any of your business.  It is up to the girl and her family what she will do.  Once their decisions are made, you can only offer support.

Respected Contributor

Be supportive and don't judge. 

It happens, life has a not so funny way of reminding us everyone has life changing issues at some point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

Your daughter is still your daughter and needs to know that you love her...unconditionally...and especially now. 

Put yourself in your daughter's place for a moment! 

The daughter probably feels terrible; she had to face her parents and tell them, knowing it would break their hearts!

Love her, love her and love her and let her know it....every day!

A baby is always a baby and babies deserve love...no matter how they were conceived. 

This is not her daughter.

The o/p doesn't have any children.

She said that this is a "close family member".

She is somebody's daughter!  Same rules apply! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

Your daughter is still your daughter and needs to know that you love her...unconditionally...and especially now. 

Put yourself in your daughter's place for a moment! 

The daughter probably feels terrible; she had to face her parents and tell them, knowing it would break their hearts!

Love her, love her and love her and let her know it....every day!

A baby is always a baby and babies deserve love...no matter how they were conceived. 

This is not her daughter.

The o/p doesn't have any children.

She said that this is a "close family member".

She is somebody's daughter!  Same rules apply! 

I didn't say that they didn't. Nor did I say that she wasn't somebody's daughter.

All I said was that the girl isn't the o/p's daughter, like you thought in your post, that's all.

Respected Contributor

Prayers for this young girl.... You must stay out of this situation and just support the family.

Respected Contributor

So this girl is pregnant a joyous event that should not be looked at as a terrible tragedy what is wrong with you? Her life is not over it has been changed. How she reacts to that change will now not only effect her but an innocent baby. But it need not be  looked upon as a terrible thing. There are so many programs and groups out there to help it just takes reaching out for them.

That said it is not your business other then to offer positive helpful advice. 

Having raised a daughter as a single mom I am so not feeling the love here. Albeit I was not 13 but this girl has from what I gathered a network of family around her.  The girl is thirteen way to young to have a child, But she is and now it has to be dealt with, she is not the first nor will she be the last. 

Since you spent more time telling us how we may post replies then giving us details so we don't have to guess, I am not sure what you are asking.

Respected Contributor

Not your circus, not your monkeys. Offer your support and concentrate on your own myriad of problems and issues.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I think the OP likes all the attention from these sorts of threads.

Respected Contributor

Be supportive if asked.  Don't judge.

Respected Contributor

There are schools with baby rooms that take care of children while their mothers are in class.