Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone! I love this thread. I am thinking about printing it out and perhaps showing it to some coworkers who will find it extremely helpful. Thank you again.

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about when I was referring to "reading your mind". I had a customer last week who I told that she had to wait in line and gave her directions etc etc. She looks at me with an angry face and with a nasty tone asks "why do I have to wait in line". I answer her in not in a rude tone but emphasizing the reasons way she like everyone else has to wait in the line. She leaves and I move on to the next customer.

A few minutes later she comes back up to me and says " I didn't like how you spoke to me! My son is blind!" She never told me this! I told her that she never mentioned this and she looked at me and I told her to proceed to the door since we do indeed allow people with disabilities to skip the line. The funny thing is that when I said that her son went ahead of her skipping to the door. LOL All the people around me me looked at me like she was crazy.

No training could have prepared me for this. I mean I could ask every single person if he/she or anyone in his/her party has a disability but that would be against the law. The funny thing is that I do get joy out of seeing the happiness in a disabled customer's face when I tell him/her that he/she can skip the line. These of course are people with wheelchairs, canes, walkers, etc or those that identify themselves as disabled.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Valued Contributor

Re: Very Bad Weekcom at Work

Wishes coming your way for a job that suits your attributes and a job you will enjoy.  Until then, I hope your future days on this job do not suck your soul as I know from experience how depressing that is when you are trying hard to do a great job.  Remember, when one door shuts another one opens.  Good Luck!   Hope this coming week is much better for you.

Valued Contributor

I hope this helps all of us that post here to remember that when we call a customer service rep, they are NOT the company we have issues with but the middle person that has to follow certain rules.  We should never treat a customer service rep rude, regardless of the famous line I hear at work that they are not in the USA and do not speak English.  These people are working jobs and need and if they are hired they can't control that they are dealing with a company that operates out of another country.  They are trying to put food on their tables the same as we do. If a customer service Rep is rude, I think we all know to ask for a supervisor.

As for people in the service community, I trip when I go through McDonald's and other fast food establishments.  You would not believe how many employees have no idea why I am giving them money.  They are delighted when they hear it is a tip.  I guess you can tell that I have been there and done that in my younger years.   I always give the respect I expect back as my parents taught me.  I am sure most here do also but we all know their are people that think they are better than others in this world.

Trusted Contributor

Since people spend some much time at work I am sorry you are going through this.  It seems like management is also stressing you and then people on the telephone can be difficult.  I try to be kind to everyone that I have to talk to on calls.  Even if we are having a disagreement in the purchase.  I hope you can go in tomorrow with fresh eyes and be happy at work and know that maybe the next call you get will be much better.