Valued Contributor

Does anyone use a ventless clothes dryer? If so can you share your experience and what brand.

Super Contributor

Re: Ventless dyers

[ Edited ]

I had a Bosch 800 series ventless dryer.  The washer broke after just one week, so the set had to be returned.  During that week, I noticed the dryer wasn't that great.  As reviews stated, clothes didn't dry completely.  I exchanged the Bosch set for a Miele set and the dryer was the heat pump model.  This is the way to go.  The heat pump is better than the condensation dryers.  

Honored Contributor

I don't own one and I would not want one because they take too long to dry your clothes, can only hold small loads and the dryer puts out heat directly into the room where it's located and that would not be good in the summertime.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't own one and I would not want one because they take too long to dry your clothes, can only hold small loads and the dryer puts out heat directly into the room where it's located and that would not be good in the summertime.

The Bosch DID heat up the room.  The Miele heat pump ventless that I currently have does not.  If I could, I would get vented - but I am forced to have ventless.  Miele is the way to go -but so expensive.  However, worth it considering how much a washer and dryer get used.

Honored Contributor

I was reading a section on facebook the other night. Someone asked a question about changing her vented dryer outlet to another spot in the house.

anyway, one of the gals was telling about her ventless dryer.

she said they are good but takes twice as long to dry clothes compared to the vented dryer.’’

have heard of the ventless dryer but have never owned one.

Honored Contributor

I have a Whirlpool ventless dryer that is 20 years old and it works fine.

Respected Contributor

My ventless clothes dryer is a clothes line and if the weather is bad, drying racks and a big fan.