Esteemed Contributor

Vendors off-site....Bumpy Presentations

Still don't understand the logic for vendors to be physically absent. 

With poor audio delay (sound)  between home sites and studio park - - -  and transmission of vendor's face going distorted.......... - & both talking at the same time b/c they can't see each other's body language.............Presentations aren't worth it.

If two adults over fifty can't figure out to avoid spitting or coughing on each other...........

Valued Contributor

Re: Vendors off-site....Bumpy Presentations

Simple solution - don't watch.

With all that is going on, this is your complaint?  That vendors are not venturing out as requested by the government?

That you have to pay a bit more attention to the presentation?  That you can't give credit where credit is due, for the efforts being made on the parts of all involved?

Esteemed Contributor

I saw one vendor in her kitchen, I think she needed a tripod cause the camera kept moving up and down.  Maybe her husband was filming her.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a bit bumpy every so often, but I'm sure they're still working out the kinks!  I think it's kind of interesting seeing folks at home! 

Even if they wanted to be there in person, I doubt they would be able to travel in.  The less people out and about the better.  Kudos to them for having vendors call in instead of risking being in person.

Trusted Contributor

I think they are doing the very best they can under the circumstances and trying to keep people safe. It isn't the same as usual but it works. I noticed even on David's cooking show they are cooking and presenting but no one is eating anything just to be safe. You can appear well and still be able to spread the Virus to someone else then they take it home and give it to an elderly relative who dies to me not worth the risk. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

Really you would want vendors traveling cross county to please you, I think not, have some compassion we are in the middle of a pandemic in case you have not heard that

@fthunt wrote:

Still don't understand the logic for vendors to be physically absent. 

With poor audio delay (sound)  between home sites and studio park - - -  and transmission of vendor's face going distorted.......... - & both talking at the same time b/c they can't see each other's body language.............Presentations aren't worth it.

If two adults over fifty can't figure out to avoid spitting or coughing on each other...........

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think it's the travel involved in getting there.  Most presenters I don't think live in the Philadelphia area.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 You are correct........it's the travel that's the issue.  When planes don't fly - ----Thank you.

Sunday's late wig show was a near disaster and then add customer call-ins to the mix.  Ugh

Honored Contributor

I don't think vendors are necessary at all during this pandemic.  The hosts can handle the presentations. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@fthunt Oh no!  I'm sorry I missed it.  If nothing else, there's a little entertainment mixed in with the frustration.  To be honest, I can't wait until we get back to normal with all of the tv shows.  I don't like this format either as necessary as it is right now.  It does beat reruns and I have scored bingo with ITKWD twice now.  Smiley HappySmiley LOL