Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

A few minutes ago there was a local news story about a young guy who is being harrassed on FB because posted that he and his wife and his father were lucky enough to get the Covid vaccine.  People really need to calm down and stop making accusations when they don't know the whole story.  In this guy's case, they got the vaccine because one of the hospitals that was vaccinating employees was done for the day and had doses left over.  The vaccine cannot be returned to the freezer, they either use or toss it in the trash so the nurses who were giving the injections started calling friends who could get there in an hour.  They didn't want to just waste those unused doses.  My guess is that situation is common for those centers that are giving hundreds of injections a day.  There are going to be leftover doses at the end of the day.  Apparently, some people line up outside of them late in the day, hoping that they'll be lucky enough to score one of those unused injections.  

@chrystaltree when that is the case are they still handed appt cards for their 2nd shot? If so and they go to it, I wonder if they will be harassed to some extent by onlookers considering their age and lack of comorbities.  I could see how this could be an unpleasant experience. 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

A few minutes ago there was a local news story about a young guy who is being harrassed on FB because posted that he and his wife and his father were lucky enough to get the Covid vaccine.  People really need to calm down and stop making accusations when they don't know the whole story.  In this guy's case, they got the vaccine because one of the hospitals that was vaccinating employees was done for the day and had doses left over.  The vaccine cannot be returned to the freezer, they either use or toss it in the trash so the nurses who were giving the injections started calling friends who could get there in an hour.  They didn't want to just waste those unused doses.  My guess is that situation is common for those centers that are giving hundreds of injections a day.  There are going to be leftover doses at the end of the day.  Apparently, some people line up outside of them late in the day, hoping that they'll be lucky enough to score one of those unused injections.  

@chrystaltree when that is the case are they still handed appt cards for their 2nd shot? If so and they go to it, I wonder if they will be harassed to some extent by onlookers considering their age and lack of comorbities.  I could see how this could be an unpleasant experience. 

Yes, anyone who gets the first show gets the second shot.  Yes, I;m sure that guy and others who go in for their second shot will get stares and they'll hear people muttering under their breath.  The guy in the news story looked you, 30ish and he made the mistake of posting on FB that they got the vaccine.  And then the abuse began.  I don't think he'll make that mistake again with the second shot.  

Trusted Contributor

My husband got his first vaccine shot yesterday.  He was contacted online through his doctor's office, and made

the appt online as well.

Even though I could not get the vaccine due to age, I accompanied him to make sure everything went well

We were amazed how smooth it went.  The second floor of

the medical building was set up as a vaccination site.

There were workers directing people, and there were only two

people ahead of him.

He got the Pfizer vaccine.

As he was leaving, they set up his appt for the second vaccine

dose.  It was smooth and actually pleasant.

Honored Contributor

friends of mine (husband and wife) both got their first shots today. they are in their 30s and live in the portland area. anyone looking at them may question why they are allowed to get their shots. they could get them because they have four boys and one of them is immunocompromised.

definitely not going to judge anyone who is waiting in line that may not look like they should be in the line. i dont know their story and neither does anyone else.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Those who have someone immunocompromised living with them are not included in group A.  This 30 something couple are line jumpers. They have taken two shots belonging to others.

Why didn't they have their son receive the vaccine instead?

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That "leftover vaccine" story may be just that, a story. It appears to be the same one told by the whippersnapper that the braintrusts who make decisions in Philadelphia consigned to do vaccinations and testing. A volunteer's eyewitness account of what this creep did doesn't tally with his tale. He wound up vaccinating his pals with the vaccine he took.

I think when any entities that are entrusted with doing  vaccinations mismanage the program and have doses left over om a regular basis, their role needs to be re-evaluated. Better to turn people away than have this suspect business of insiders contacting friends with, "Psst, ya wanna vaccination?" It just looks bad. Or throw out the playbook that's ignored anyway and let all the insiders and their pals get it first, never mind priorities and groupings, and when there's more of it, the poor schmucks without connections can get their turn.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@sunshine45 

Those who have someone immunocompromised living with them are not included in group A.  This 30 something couple are line jumpers. They have taken two shots belonging to others.

Why didn't they have their son receive the vaccine instead?

@occasionalrain 

they told everyone yesterday. there is a sign up and forms available online for their county, they were moved into 1A due to their son. i dont know the specifics of who they are vaccinating in their area or how specifically they are chosen, but they were. i am not asking them any other specific medical questions about their son as it is not my business. you can call them anything you want. i refuse to do that to anyone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have read that Hollywood types are flying to Florida on private jets and paying the people in charge of the vaccinations in the Tampa-Orlanda area $50,000 in order to jump in line ahead of the over 65-age group and there will be arrests forthcoming of those in charge.  I think the governor is pretty upset about this.

This could be what happened to the 20 million vaccinations misplaced this past week.

Respected Contributor

Re: Vaccine Line Jumpers

[ Edited ]

How about the teachers who insisted they must be prioritised - and were here in Fairfax Conty - going before 75+.  Then after getting their shots, the union now says they will NOT be returning to school in person until all the children are also vaccinated.

Since there is no current vaccine for children, these teachers pushed to the front of the line clearly under false pretenses.

And they are STILL complaining that anyone who disagrees about keeping school online is trying to kill them.

Esteemed Contributor

There’s a story in the NY Post about a line jumper who felt she was entitled to the vaccine due to her being an educator.  She teaches an exercise class.