Trusted Contributor

Re: Vaccinaed but still won't

I had my second vaccination two weeks ago.  I must admit that I never stopped eating in restaurants once they opened up.   We started eating out in May and haven't stopped.  {Well except for the past month because I broke my ankle}.  That is something we enjoy doing.   We gave up the best part of a year and personally I think it's time to get back to normal.... and not the "new" normal.   I played golf all of last summer, took walks, etc.   I did and still do wear my mask everywhere and will continue to do so.  I have hugged my kids and grands regularly too.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

USA

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome:
22,607,122 (98%)
Recovered / Discharged

553,934 (2%)
Deaths

So yes you made it up.

@Still Raining You didn't make it up. Your numbers looked to me like the old numbers people used to throw around saying Covid was no big deal. They would also take real numbers and present them in that way to argue against masks and all the rest.

Cancer has a one in six death rate, or 16%. If I said it was only 0.16%, it could come across like I was telling everyone it was a good idea to go out and start smoking and skip mammograms.

But regardless, I don't need to snap at you. You don't deserve it. I apologize. I'm sorry I misunderstood your intentions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain 

I am humbled by your lovely response.  Thank you.

I think what I took out was a calc of COVID to lightning, which may have been unclear.

Also delegated was a calc using Worldometer for case mortality using total cases to deaths and commentary about how to compute.  Not nice commentary and I apologize.

If I may, they do "mismatch" total cases to deaths.

I have always appreciated your posts and I do apologize again.  Maybe we both have a bad day.

Friends?

Honored Contributor

It has been 2 weeks since the Governor of WV lifted restaurant restrictions, and that has resulted in all of the chain restaurants near the interstate being packed all day, every day.  

And now our virus numbers are climbing again; locally and statewide.   

We have supported several of these restaurants with takeout orders, and will continue to do so, but there is no way on this green earth we will be one of the flockers for inside dining.   I have always preferred to cook my food at home, and will continue to do so, but can handle an occasional take out meal.   I have no interest in inside dining; mainly due to the noise level inside restaurants which I find quite irritating.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Porcelain 

I am humbled by your lovely response.  Thank you.

I think what I took out was a calc of COVID to lightning, which may have been unclear.

Also delegated was a calc using Worldometer for case mortality using total cases to deaths and commentary about how to compute.  Not nice commentary and I apologize.

If I may, they do "mismatch" total cases to deaths.

I have always appreciated your posts and I do apologize again.  Maybe we both have a bad day.

Friends?

@Still Raining Friends? Yes, please! You have nothing to apologize for. I'm the only one who did anything unpleasant. Thank you for being so gracious!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

We will never eat food from our two favorite restaurants, they both filed for bankruptcy and then closed last year.  I have become fairly adept at making enchiladas, but the fragrant beef just doesn't taste the same.

Honored Contributor

I'll still want to wear a mask.  Even after my second shot. 

None of my grandchildren are old enough to be vaccinated at this point.  They've all been in school since last fall.  Some are close by and I see them all the time, but mainly outside.  Our weather is rather mild in the winter. 

However, our other grandchildren that live states away, we usually only see in the summer.  The whole family spends weeks at a time with us and I don't know how I feel about *living* together even after all of us are vaccinated.  The children most likely won't be. 

But even then it's a wait and see. 

I think it's great that a vaccine was *pushed*.  And I truly believe it would've been *pushed* for everyone to get vaccinated--no matter who was in office....  

I just hope that because I continue to wear a mask in indoor settings (grocery, garden centers, etc.), I'm not looked at as one of those anti-vax people.  I hope many others will be still be wearing them, too....

Honored Contributor

My friend had her second shot ( Pfizer) and she got very, very sick within a few hours.

It lasted 2 days.  Then on the third day she woke up feeling great.

It’s fascinating the way some aren’t affected by the vaccine at all (me) and some were slightly sick for a day (a few friends).

My one friend who was extremely sick for a few days says it was probably that she was adjusting her serum.

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The last I heard is you should still wear your mask.  I am waiting for the President to say "The coast is clear."

Woman LOLWoman LOL