Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TwinkleBell wrote:

I noticed some of this same commercial, on the web, cut off the last part, where the dinosaur GULPS DOWN  & EATS the guy standing in front of him

But --> .. this is the FULL  "gulping/eating" version < *WARNING* - link >  on the website titled ...   AdWeek dot com ...   .. and it's a JEEP commercial

@TwinkleBell 

Oh, wow .... it's a commercial for BOTH Jeep and Jurrassic!   

I don't even remember the last time I saw a "dual company commercial" ... if that's what they're called.  How about you?

@Tinkrbl44- it's called a tie-in

Esteemed Contributor

Tie-ins have been around for decades and decades.   And decades.

Respected Contributor

I'll take fantasy violence in a commercial over the real llife violence we are seeing every day!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

Give me a break!  

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

So, the point was, You're safer IN the Jeep? 

@candys mine   No the point is do not pick up a newly hatched dino.   LOL

I found the commercial funny, actually.  It's so off the wall unrealistic and the Jurassic movies are much more"violent" than this commercial.

Dinos do what dinos have to do.Woman Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: *VIOLENT* COMMERCIAL!!!

[ Edited ]

I think another violent one is when a Saber Tooth Tiger gets violently hit by a Jeep (its a commercial for one of the satellite companies to "skip the credits")....The scene is from LaBrea TV Show

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I took half the neighborhood to see that movie when it came out.  A mother begged me to take her youngest son so he wouldn't feel left out.  I think she just needed some time to herself.  

Not far into the movie, the boy couldn't handle it, so I sat in the lobby on a backless couch for about an hour and a half.  With him....

Super Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

I just saw a commercial that *stunned the heck outta me!!*

Some dinosaur, grew from a baby, and at the end, GULPED the adult DOWN the dinosaur's mouth!

WTH?  I was so shocked, I dont even know what the commercial was selling!

Has anyone seen this commercial?

Life must be hard for you if this commercial "shocked" and "stunned" you.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

People need to chill. It's animated. It's a promo for a movie. Violent is a very strong word for this commercial. It's certainly not violent, when compared to real life. Get a grip.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I'll take fantasy violence in a commercial over the real llife violence we are seeing every day!

Any day!  Heck, that's just a money making venture.  What's going on in real life isn't.  I concur.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life