Honored Contributor

VIKING CRUISE SCENIC COMMERCIALS

I'm not really interested in cruising.  But everytime the stunning Viking Cruise line commercials come on, I just stop and gape...

snapshot.jpg

Couldn't figure out where this red-roofed town was --  thought Mediterranean, but the architecture didn't quite look "typically" Mediterranean, nor did it look Nordic.   Looked it up--  it's Dubrovnik!   Beautiful Dubrovnik, in Croatia.

Anybody else like these commercials?   What a breath of fresh air!

maxresdefault.jpg

And the narration of these ads-- done by the Viking chairman, white-haired Torstein Hagen!  He somehow contributes to the magic, with his fairy-tale Norwegian accent, talking about his boyhood home, in the ad dubbed "Be Curious"

"Growing up in a little red house, on the edge of a forest in Norway...."     His accent is so lilting!

Each scene of the ship in a different corner of the world is more ravishing than the previous one.   Love the sunlit river scene, and the remote glacier one.

Anyway, these commercials, which are both on TV and on youtube, are like taking an enchanted little mini-vacation.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.42.28 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: VIKING CRUISE SCENIC COMMERCIALS

I also enjoy the Viking Cruise commercials.  The scenery is spectacular and I always get the urge to travel.  I want to board the shi[p and go to wherever it takes me!!!!!  It is a well done ad, one I don't mind watching.  So charming and inviting!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that was Croatia.  It is very beautiful there.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'd cruise to Amarillo if I could.  Love cruising. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I love those commercials and always wanted to take a Viking cruise.  The scenery is so beautiful, and I enjoy cruises, but I think my cruising days are over.

Respected Contributor

Great photos. Not interested in cruising either. I think these ships are ripe petri dishes. But, the commercials are so enticing. 

Respected Contributor

If you want to see more of the Viking Cruise destinations, you can go to their dedicated website that features nonstop videos.

It is like you are cruising from home!

The website is VIKING (dot) TV

Super Contributor

I went on  vaiking cruise in 2018 -  pre-covid -  did the Christmas Markets in Germany.   From Amsterdam to Basil Switzerland.  The ship and crew are lovely.  It's very differant from the large cruise ships.  Many good memories and would go again.  The views are stunning -  would like to go again.   Croatia look beautiful, that would be great trip.  

Honored Contributor

Lots of you tube videos on the river cruises. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I'm not really interested in cruising.  But everytime the stunning Viking Cruise line commercials come on, I just stop and gape...

I wasn't interested in cruising either but wanted to visit Scandinavia a few years ago and chose a Viking Ocean cruise.  It was wonderful.  The ship was beautiful and uncrowded and many times docked right in town.  Hoping to take another one day.