Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Using 'they' or 'them'??

With all of the atrocioius grammar used on this board every day and nothing said about it unless it is to tell someone who brings it up that we don't need the "grammar police" here, it is obvious that this topic isn't about grammar at all, given many of the responses.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

With all of the atrocioius grammar used on this board every day and nothing said about it unless it is to tell someone who brings it up that we don't need the "grammar police" here, it is obvious that this topic isn't about grammar at all, given many of the responses.

This!  ^^^

First of all, although it should go without saying, this particular subject isn't even about grammar at all.   I'm the first person to admit that I am the grammar police, although I usually keep my trap shut and just SMH at some of the stuff I read/hear.   But THIS is not about grammar!

Secondly, I am truly dismayed at how some people act on the actual subject of this and I should probably just go ahead and shut it now.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally like the folded-arms-pursed-lips-foot-stamp of,

“I'll have none of it” posted upthread.

🤣

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot we are all God's children, and should be treated as such

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@QueenDanceALot we are all God's children, and should be treated as such

@cherry

You'll get no argument from me on that one.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I was thinking the same thing @QueenDanceALot.

Every time I see the rants about how the newer generations are poorly educated etc etc, I smile. 

I also grin when I see people railing about the horrible "me" entitlement generation. 

"Why don't they dress like ME"

"Why don't they talk like ME"

"Why aren't MY things good enough for them"

"Why don't they want a house like MINE"

LOL.  Just who is this ME generation again?

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Every time I see the rants about how the newer generations are poorly educated etc etc, I smile. 

I also grin when I see people railing about the horrible "me" entitlement generation. 

Isn't there actually a generation that was called the 'me generation'?   I feel like I vaguely remember that but my memory is so bad now.  Smiley Sad

I'm a boomer, so that's the only  one the perameters for which I can recall at this point.   I think I'm right about in the middle of the boomer bunch.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Isn't there actually a generation that was called the 'me generation'?   I feel like I vaguely remember that but my memory is so bad now.  Smiley Sad

I'm a boomer, so that's the only  one the perameters for which I can recall at this point.   I think I'm right about in the middle of the boomer bunch.  Smiley Happy

Well, actually, the me generation is the baby boomer generation. I guess I used it kind of wrong in my post. I was referring to the real "me" generation ranting about the entitlement of the "younger" generation.

Honored Contributor

The university my daughter works for takes these issues very seriously. She is in charge of the committee, to insure fair treatment, to those of  other sexual orientations and those transitioning.

I am proud she volunteered for this ,and so far, they have had no mistreatment of anyone reported

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The university my daughter works for takes these issues very seriously. She is in charge of the committee, to insure fair treatment, to those of  other sexual orientations and those transitioning.

I am proud she volunteered for this ,and so far, they have had no mistreatment of anyone reported

That's awesome.  You must be very proud of her.  Smiley Happy