Respected Contributor

Re: Using art to help make sense of everything

@Cakers3, I guess we were typing about the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Silver Lining   Always glad to see anothe Frida fan.  Every now and then she surges again in popularity.

I have the "Barbie" doll, too.  LOL  Someday when GD is older I will give it to her.  DDIL is HIspanic and it's important for GD to know all she can about that part of her heritage.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@JasoninBoston  I just love Newbury street, thanks for the picture.  We used to spend a lot of time in Boston (we live in RI)  One of my life long friends is from Charlestown, she is an RN at Tufts hospital.   We don't go as often now but we "love that dirty water"  !!!!!

Be well everyone and yes enjoy some music and art, it feeds the soul.

@LindaSal 

I live one block over from Newbury St-- so it's backyard and I too love it.

I am just trying not to be so fearful about what may happen next to all the little shops there...

Thank you!

And have a lovely rest of the weekend!

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Silver Lining   Always glad to see anothe Frida fan.  Every now and then she surges again in popularity.

I have the "Barbie" doll, too.  LOL  Someday when GD is older I will give it to her.  DDIL is HIspanic and it's important for GD to know all she can about that part of her heritage.

@Silver Lining and @Cakers3   Yes it is nice to see the interest in Frida.  My DIL, a classical comper, was commissioned to write the music to a new opera about her and Diego.  She along with a playwright to write the story had been hard at work with the opera set to open in Texas Spring 2020.  Of course sadly it was cancelled. Hopefully only postponed. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrsSweetieBear, your DIL must be extremely talented and highly respected!! I would love to meet her. Keep us posted on when and where the opera will be rescheduled to open. Diego was a renowned artist but quite a cad at times, wasn't he?

Regular Contributor

Thank you. @Silver Lining. The family is quite proud of her and especially my son.  There were also dates set in 2021 for performances in Mexico and California so that is still up in the air. 

Trusted Contributor

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Silver Lining and @Cakers3   Yes it is nice to see the interest in Frida.  My DIL, a classical comper, was commissioned to write the music to a new opera about her and Diego.  She along with a playwright to write the story had been hard at work with the opera set to open in Texas Spring 2020.  Of course sadly it was cancelled. Hopefully only postponed. 

@mrssweetiebear 

OMG I love opera!

I am totally into the Met Opera and go there many times durning the year and try to watch all thier HD performances!

How wonderful to hear about her opera!!!

Was it going to be at that lovely opera theater in Dallas?

HeartHeartHeart

Regular Contributor

@JasoninBoston Ft. Worth Opera

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Music and Art.  I don'tthink that life would be worth living without them.

Thank you, @JasoninBoston , for mentioning them.  We need them more than ever.

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston 

I want to thank you so much for starting this thread!!!! You've provided us with a breath of fresh air and pleasant thoughts. Good for the soul.