Trusted Contributor

Using art to help make sense of everything

[ Edited ]

It's been extremely difficult for me dealing with everything going on now and I have found that music helps me so much!

I have noticed too that people are using art in such creatative ways to cope with and put into expression how we're all feeling.

I enjoyed seeing such an expression in person the other day on one of my walks and then they featured a photo of it in the local newspaper:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.53.03 AM.png

I know we are all doing the best we can to find ways to cope and deal with everything. And it's lovely to me to see how art and music are playing such an important role in helping us all!! 

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: Using art to help make sense of everything

Beautiful music and art bring some peace and tranquility for me.

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Beautiful music and art bring some peace and tranquility for me.

@RetRN 

I totally agree!

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Neat photo!  Agreed, @JasoninBoston and @RetRN ,  music and art are so restorative...  

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't this the picture that @casctusgal uses?  Nice post, @JasoninBoston .  

We have a pond/lake in our backyard and I enjoy watching the different birds.......also the rabbits. I find that peaceful.  They have no idea what we humans are dealing with........lucky them.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

Isn't this the picture that casctusgall uses?  Nice post, @JasoninBoston .  

We have a pond/lake in our backyard and I enjoy watching the different birds.......also the rabbits. I find that peaceful.  They have no idea what we humans are dealing with........lucky them.

@tends2dogs 

Thank you!

And yes, I totally agree with finding peace and solace from nature as well!

Have a good weekend!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston  I just love Newbury street, thanks for the picture.  We used to spend a lot of time in Boston (we live in RI)  One of my life long friends is from Charlestown, she is an RN at Tufts hospital.   We don't go as often now but we "love that dirty water"  !!!!!

Be well everyone and yes enjoy some music and art, it feeds the soul.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Isn't this the picture that @casctusgal uses?  Nice post, @JasoninBoston .  

@tends2dogs   Yes and the woman is Frida Kahlo.  Once of my favorite artists.

I have this portrait in my home:

Frida Kahlo - Wikipedia

I also bought this one and had it framed for DDIL-she has a room dedicated to women.

Frida Kahlo :: Born: July 6, 1907, Coyoacán, Mexico Died: July 13 ...

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

It's been extremely difficult for me dealing with everything going on now and I have found that music helps me so much!

I have noticed too that people are using art in such creatative ways to cope with and put into expression how we're all feeling.

I enjoyed seeing such an expression in person the other day on one of my walks and then they featured a photo of it in the local newspaper:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.53.03 AM.png

I know we are all doing the best we can to find ways to cope and deal with everything. And it's lovely to me to see how art and music are playing such an important role in helping us all!! 

HeartHeartHeart

Do the participants on this thread know who that is? 

Frida Kahlo. She is one of my favorite artists of all time. I could look at her self portraits and other works all day. She was an intriguing woman with the most fascinating life one could ever imagine. I understand art and I suppose what might be called "artistic" !license but I really don't like the Covid-19 prevention mask being put on her face. Different strokes (no pun intended) for different folks.

Honored Contributor

If anyone is near a forest or even a small wooded park-indulge in "forest bathing".  No, not undressed.  It developed out of Japan as shinrin-yoku.

Forest bathing or taking in the forest atmosphere releases you from the techno world and brings you back to being one with nature, which is where we humans seriously need as antidote to this stressful and harsh world.  Noise, pollution, tech devices, etc.

Classical music has been studied and is well know to affect plants. Mozart in particular.   His music has also encouraged better wheat crops vs. crops with no music.

DH and I are music folk; he guitar, me piano.  Nothing is more soothing than being one with our instruments.

Art and music both reach in and arouse those parts of us that cry out for release-our true selves, if you will.

Dementia patients have been found to respond to music from their era vs. not responding at all to music from a different generation.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh