Frequent Contributor

Am I the only one who is receiving used beauty products from QVC.  I just received the third item in a month that has clearly been used, returned to QVC and resent to me.  I am not talking about the normal settling of the product.  The first time it happened I made a big fuss to customer service and they replaced the product and it too had been used.  The return address says "returns department".  

I that the FDA forbid such practices.

Honored Contributor

Did you open the product or just go by the return address?  QVC changed their address to the return address for packages that come back.  Like people refuse delivery or the address isn't good.  It's not a return.  It's new unused merchandise.  The return address was switched about a year ago.

Respected Contributor

@NWOL wrote:

Am I the only one who is receiving used beauty products from QVC.  I just received the third item in a month that has clearly been used, returned to QVC and resent to me.  I am not talking about the normal settling of the product.  The first time it happened I made a big fuss to customer service and they replaced the product and it too had been used.  The return address says "returns department".  

I that the FDA forbid such practices.

When you say "clearly been used," what do you mean? Putting aside the carton labels, what about the product is suggesting that it was used?

Frequent Contributor

I did not know about the return address change.  Nevertheless, the products were clearly used!

Frequent Contributor

Fingerprints in product or two big finger scoops taken out of jar.  The one product I buy directly from Elemis and I know what it is suppose to look like (full to the top and smooth not fingerprints running through the product and no seal.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I too have received used, returned beauty products - only recently though. I complained to CS and am now hesitant to purchase from here again. I jar was not sealed, was missing the white disc, no wrapping and just thrown in the box. There was crud around the rim - DISGUSTING. I was and am appalled that was allowed through quality control. Obviously QC is lacking big time. 

I always wondered what they did with all the beauty items that get returned.

Frequent Contributor

Dear mycgrl:

Thank you for confirming it not just me.  I have been shopping on QVC for at least 25 years and this is only happening recently.  I too find the practice disgusting, intentional or otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that's horrible.  No one wants a contaminated, used product.  

Honored Contributor

As an eBay reseller, I can't legally resell used cosmetics like lipsticks, creams and those things you put on your body with your hand.  You're dipping into a jar of whatever with a finger, it's no, even if you use a little spatula, it's a no. Putting lipstick on your mouth is a no.  A spray (like a perfume, hair spray), yes.  An item that is a roll on (perfume, deoderant) no.

Just generally it's easy to determine because of the ick factor.... someone out there may have herpes (lips), may have Psorisis (not contagious, but clearly a no...)

So if QVC is reselling cosmetics and beauty products that have been tried/used, it may be something that needs to be reported to someone other than QVC..... blech.  Woman Tongue  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Eww, just eww!Smiley Tongue