Honored Contributor

Use "HELP" & "SETTINGS" to navigate the new forums

We have a myriad of features we didn't have before, and probably too many to use when we first try out this new forum platform.

Here's a suggestion to make it a little easier and more understandable.

Take a look a the column on the left side of the screen.  Below the listing of Forums & Blogs, etc., you'll see, under "Quick Links:"

Now and then, take a "tour" of "My Settings," "Edit My Preferences," and "Help" to become accustomed to all the options and explanations. 

In "My Settings," make one change at a time, then go back and look at one forum or one thread to see how the change made a difference.  (I've learned, in working with computers, that making more than one change at a time can be confusing.)

Note:  when you select something like "Help," the sub-sections of that category will appear in the column on the left side of the page beneath the Forums & Blogs list.  You can click on those sub-sections to navigate to that particular topic.

hth! Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Use "HELP" & "SETTINGS" to navigate the new forums

[ Edited ]

dooBdoo, you should be paid for all the help you have given us during the transition!! Thanks so much for all that you have done to help all of us who are computer challenged. Good to see you here....Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

dooBdoo, you should be paid for all the help you have given us during the transition!! Thanks so much for all that you have done to help all of us who are computer challenged. Good to see you here....Woman Happy

Hi, @VioletEyes!

Thanks, but really my contribution has been small.  Just trying to add perhaps one suggestion at a time since there's so much to learn. 

Several posters have been wonderfully helpful with numerous posts and threads.  Since I can't list them all without inadvertantly leaving someone out,  I'll just add a big "THANKS!" for everyone who's been devoting their valuable time to help out.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo? Do you have a work-around for the iPad to quote here?

I'm asking you because you taught me how to make paragraphs and how to make the font bigger on my iPad ☺️
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC, along with the post this was in response to.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much, dooBdoo!...So many posters have been so very hepful during this change...It is all beginning to come together very nicely!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to say that DooBdoo's posts have been very helpful to me, and very quick in working.

I am sure there will eventually be an available "Frequently Asked Questions" section, but there isn't one yet.

Many posters have offered advice and I have found all of it useful!  Thanks so much.

The site is so counterintutive that twice I thought DooB's instructions didn't work and then saw that they did work but there was some little detail I had missed.  Once I had my settings correctly, thanks to Chickenbutt and others, I had one or two other issues, both of which DooBdoo clarified. Very grateful to them, and to anyone else whose name I've forgotten, who offered advice on Day 1 and Day 2.

Adjusted for personal preferences, the display is really very similar and do-able.  With the creation of the Gamers page, my only real objection was answered, so I also thank the QVC folks for listening.

Respected Contributor

The OLD forum was user friendly.  You didn't need "help".  Help?  To navigate a chat forum?  WHY?  Because this one is so poorly designed?  FORGET IT!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE, To "Unfloat" while you have that thread open look to the right of the REPLY (above the original post in a thread) and you can select "Unfloat This Topic."

I've been copying and pasting (Mac, with Firefox) by highlighting text (here and on other sites), clicking the command key (might be the control key on other devices) plus the C key  to copy and the command key (might be the control key on other devices) plus  the V key to paste.

@tansy, I haven't tried my iPad here yet, so I'm not sure how they're working...  though I see a lot of complaints so it appears their functionality is limited.  Which is nonsense.

@everyone! Smiley Happy  Thanks for all the comments!  I appreciate the kind words, so my gratitude to you.  At the same time I understand the frustration.  We just have to try and work what's been handed to us, report problems and concerns, hope the PTB will listen and make improvements, and try to help each other in the meantime.

(edited to reference the correct key, "command key")