Trusted Contributor

I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions and their concerns over my tick. I just came home from the urgent care clinic. I was the only patient there. They have you ring a bell outside and then get back in the car. The nurse comes out and takes all my info. I think I only waited 5 minutes for the doctor to come out. He said it was already dead, so the remedies I used, that some of you suggested, did kill it, it just didn't back out. The whole thing was removed. He said my skin looked good. I'm going to be on both an oral and topical antibiotic for several days as a precaution. It hurts, but it's not too bad. I thank everyone again for taking the time to share their remedies and well wishes my way.

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions and their concerns over my tick. I just came home from the urgent care clinic. I was the only patient there. They have you ring a bell outside and then get back in the car. The nurse comes out and takes all my info. I think I only waited 5 minutes for the doctor to come out. He said it was already dead, so the remedies I used, that some of you suggested, did kill it, it just didn't back out. The whole thing was removed. He said my skin looked good. I'm going to be on both an oral and topical antibiotic for several days as a precaution. It hurts, but it's not too bad. I thank everyone again for taking the time to share their remedies and well wishes my way.

I wouldnt worry about it.  The type of tick that spreads disease is usually the one that is no bigger than a poppy seed and goes undetected.  If you had a Deer Tick they are larger and easier to spot.  As long as it wasnt engorged with blood there is no fear. I have had many ticks in my lifetime, probably over 2 dozen as I live in a wooded area and never contracted any disease.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat   Thanks for letting us know.  I suspected you'd survive.  Poor thing didn't stand a chance with all these women suggesting ways to murder it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KitTkat Excellent news!

Esteemed Contributor

what method worked for you...i'd like to pass it on to my son's family...they live in a very wooded area....thank you....glad you're on the mend!

Trusted Contributor

@KitTkat I'm sure the doctor told you to monitor the area for the next several weeks. 

I've had Lyme, it's no joke.  Back pain and neurologic headache like I have never felt before.  I didn't bullseye for almost a month after the bite. 

I'm glad they gave you (doxycycline?) meds - hope for 10 days-2 weeks.  Don't stop taking it because you think you're ok.  Finish it up.  If you feel at all like you're getting the flu, feel like you have pins inside that are trying to poke through your skin, get unreasonably moody--get back to the doctor fast. 

Good luck-- Stay well.  The tick that bit me was not a tiny tick, it was a wood tick- I mistakenly thought I would bullseye right away-- I was wrong, it took several weeks/month to appear. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jtdmum  Actually the doctor didn't mention anything about lymes at all. I will monitor it though. You are correct about the doxycyline, and don't worry, I'll take every one. Tickborn illness is rare in my area. I've known several people bitten with zero problems. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks the update. So glad it is gone!!!

Respected Contributor

ONLY FIVES MINUTES TO TAKE CARE OF THE MATTER.

NOW WAS IT NOT THE BEST 5 MINUTE'S YOU HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME

YOU CAN NOW HAVE PEACE OF MIND AND SO CAN YOUR MOM.

BRAVO

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on my tick

[ Edited ]

@KitTkat wrote:

@KitTkat 

YAY! So glad you didn't change your mind about going to the walk-in and that you came back to update us. Good news! Hope he invited you inside for the removal...no laying down on the back seat of your car to get the job done! LOL