Honored Contributor

Update on my POW bracelet and where it will be headed..

I just heard back from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund and they want to use the bracelet I've got in their traveling exhibition.  I am so happy to know it will be taken care of and respected- will get it off to them next week...

http://www.vvmf.org/twth

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my POW bracelet and where it will be headed..

@Suziepeach

Yay!

You should be very proud that your effort in contacting them resulted in your bracelet contribution being seen by people around the country in this great exhibit!

Bravo.gifHeart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach

Yay!

You should be very proud that your effort in contacting them resulted in your bracelet contribution being seen by people around the country in this great exhibit!

Bravo.gifHeart

@KingstonsMom, I am honestly choked up and think I am at loss of words ( know that's hard to believe).  What an honor, for this bracelet, as you said, to be seen by people around the country.  I never imagined, just thought they'd say send it on, nothing like this.  

Truly glad I emailed them.. and thank you!  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach

I would feel the same way!

And there's also the possibility that the family of the one on your bracelet could see it too!

How heartwarming is that!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach

I would feel the same way!

And there's also the possibility that the family of the one on your bracelet could see it too!

How heartwarming is that!Heart

@KingstonsMom, I just broke the news to my husband, who was and will always be a Marine.  He said, "I have goosebumps on my arms."  He also said as you did, there's a possibility that the family could see it.  It's all I can to not cry..  It is very heartwarming, I feel very honored for them to directly tell me this and send all the paperwork..  I forgot, my correspondence is with the assistant curator..  

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach

Please tell DH that I got goosebumps too when I read it and thank him for his service and sacrifice for us and our country!Heart

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach

Please tell DH that I got goosebumps too when I read it and thank him for his service and sacrifice for us and our country!Heart

@KingstonsMom, I will give him that message from you.  He also served in VietNam aboard the USS America.  Heart

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach

@KingstonsMom, I will give him that message from you.  He also served in VietNam aboard the USS America.  Heart

Bless you and thank you @Suziepeach and your husband. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach.........  ((HUGS)) and

That is such a wonderful honor and I know you and DH are very, very proud.  Keep us posted on everything concerning your bracelet and thank your DH for his service.  Have a wonderful rest of your day, sweetie. 

Valued Contributor

I can't recall the name any longer or even what happened to my POW bracelet. Glad to hear that yours is included in such an event.