Esteemed Contributor

A couple days ago, I asked for your well wishes for my co-worker and her common law husband, as he got hurt on the job.

I had scant information at the time, and today, I was able to find out more.

As it turns out, it wasn't her husband, Louie who was injured, but her son, Eric who was.

Her son is in his 30's.

He was sand blasting some metal, while standing on a flat-bed, and he disturbed a wasp/hornets nest.

They were coming after him, and he stepped backwards, and fell, and ended up with a goose-egg on his head, he injured his sternum, and cracked his vertebre by his shoulder blades, and jammed his neck.

He didn't need surgery, but he is in a brace, and can't move his head, nor is he supposed to lift anything.

So, I just wanted to update everyone, and thank you all for all of your well wishes.

Hopefully, her son will make a full and speedy recovery.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update @Plaid Pants2. I take it as a good thing that he doesn't't need surgery. Prayers & well wishes for Eric's speedy recovery, as well as to Renee to relieve her anxiety.

Honored Contributor

Well, we can pray for her son then. That must be horrible for him.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  Encouraging update.  Thank you.

All the best to Eric and his family.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Eric,

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about this young man's injuries.  Let's hope and pray he will recover fully from this.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Plaid Pants2. I was hoping

to see a hopeful update. Prayers for Eric.❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

How terrible for Eric, and for his family.   Thank you for taking time to let us know, @Plaid Pants2.   Praying for healing.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova