Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on Missing Neighbor

Makes me think of the stories that resulted after 911 of what happened on Long Island just days before.  Families from a certain part of the globe, living here, just walked away from everything. 

(I don't know where you live but I wouldn't get all concerned about that happening - - your posting just made me reflect)

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess First of all, I think I watch too much ID NetworkSmiley LOL When I read the post I thought about an episode that was about a family that just disappeared in the night only to be discovered later killed by someone they knew.  With that being said, I hope this family is okay and nothing has happened to them.  I am glad I know my neighbors well enough that when we go on vacations someone in the circle knows about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53, I also watch too much ID, but @Icegoddess has anyone called for a wellness check, just to make sure that the home is truly vacant?  I might have missed that in your previous post.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Not yet.  Since it appeared they left on their own accord, stopping their mail and pulling their cars up.  There's a 3rd car they got right before they left and that car disappeared the same time they did.  I think me and my other neighbor may be the only ones who even know they're gone.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Not yet.  Since it appeared they left on their own accord, stopping their mail and pulling their cars up.  There's a 3rd car they got right before they left and that car disappeared the same time they did.  I think me and my other neighbor may be the only ones who even know they're gone.

@Icegoddess.  Ok. Well that third car does make a difference in all this. When did you find this out?

Honored Contributor

They got the third car a couple of weeks before they left.  I was thinking they would probably sell the older SUV.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  Has the City been mowing their grass? Isn't that what happens when a yard becomes too tall? The electricity is shut off. Obviously the City would know. Is there a lien against the property? Sounds like they "flew the coup" on purpose. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady actually the city probably wouldn't know.  We get our electricity from the neighboring city.  Surprisingly, though the yard is looking rather ragged, it hasn't grown to the point of being a nuisance, at which point IF somebody complains code enforcement would get involved.  But, since they're not there for code enforcement to get in touch with their hands are tied.  All they can do is fine them.  We ran into that problem with another neighbor.  The guy was deadbeat, but his father who lived in another state actually owned the home.  City couldn't do anything about it.  

If they flew the coop on purpose would they go to the trouble of extending their mail hold?  I would think they would just leave.  And, as I said earlier, they left an expensive sport car behind.  That could pay for a whole lot of hamburgers.

Honored Contributor

Obviously they are in the witness protection program and have been moved to a new safe house.  Go to the county assessor website and see whose name is on the house and when it sold last. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner, you think like me.  I said that about them when they first moved in and made it known they kept to themselves.

Edited to say, they are listed as the owners of the property since 2012.