Respected Contributor

Re: Unwanted/Spam calls - Increasing

Ours are definitely increasing. I am using the call blocker several times each day.

Esteemed Contributor

@lainey1

Thanks for this easy to understand explanation.  I knew it had something to do with VOIP, but you've made it easy to understand.

Honored Contributor

Since answering those calls with a made up business name our calls have nearly stopped.    I answer with a made up business name and ask how I can direct their call asking are your a vendor or a customer.  It is illegal to call business numbers and some just hang up but many even say sorry I will remove this number from our call lists.   In the past 2 weeks I only had 1 call as compared to the several a day I was getting in the past. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac,

What a clever idea! Surely one of my sons will figure out how to do it🌻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The CPR CallBlocker device is worth every cent I spent on it! I bought it several weeks ago when the Q had it as a TSV. It's the best thing ever! Life-changing. My landline hasn't rang but maybe once or twice in the past few days. I highly recommend it.Woman Happy

This is the thing that brought peace and quite to my house:

E231630

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I had recently gotten that call blocker thing from QVC and plugged it in right away.  Peace descended on my home - no calls.  It was great  -  until I received a frantic e-mail from a friend wondering why my phone was dead and when she came by and knocked on my door there was no answer.  So I unplugged the gadget and was able to make and receive calls again.  

Now I have decided to just grin and bear it.

Valued Contributor

I have Nomorobo with Verizon Fios service.

Honored Contributor

after i registered my land line phone number on the do not call list. I got so many more spam calls. I just gave up and got an unlisted phone number, no one gets that phone number unless it is absolutely necessary.  The robo calls have pretty much stopped, still get a few here and there. 24 calls in the past 12 months. We have a 5000 call blocker on our phone and am up to #24 . Most of the calls are for that medicare garbage stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The CPR CallBlocker device is worth every cent I spent on it! I bought it several weeks ago when the Q had it as a TSV. It's the best thing ever! Life-changing. My landline hasn't rang but maybe once or twice in the past few days. I highly recommend it.Woman Happy

E231630

download.jpg

@SilleeMee wrote:

E231630

download.jpg

So this product blocks all calls?

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@KingstonsMom You're probably right. I turned 65 in Dec. & the health care calls started in Oct. I still have a landlind, & rarely give out my cell#. If I don't know the number calling on either, I do not answer. Also, sign up on the do not call register www.donotcall.gov. It won't stop them all, but it does help. You can register landline +cell phones.

Oh man do I agree about turning 65.   The do not call list is a waste anymore.  The call blocker that Q sells has stopped most of my calls.   Here is another tip---I called AARP/UNH  Told them if they don't stop calling me for any reason, I am filing a harrasment charge against them.  That did it, no more calls.  It is not their job to do a heath assesment.  That is why we have Dr.'s.  If you tell someone not to call,  and you know who it is, tell them by law , they are not allowed to call you anymore.  I also filed a complaint about them filling up my mailbox with all their stuff.  Now I only get mail if it is something important. AARP has been sending me garbage mail for at least 10 years and I always took my address off and put it in their postage free envelope and mailed it back.  That didn't stop it.