Honored Contributor

I try to look at things a different way. 

Not everything is about me. Sometimes you just take help, whether you want it or need it or not. It's sometimes just about letting someone feel useful, or kind or contributing. 

We've all been there, rather do it myself kind of place. But sometimes just to consider what other people might need, to allow interaction and bonding isn't really a bad thing. 

Valued Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

My former mother in law came over while I was at work one day and dug up all the daylilies underneath one of my shrubs as she thought they were awful. LOL 

Needless to say, I was surprised and disappointed. 

When we moved into our home , my mil came to visit. While I was at work my husband and mil went to the local nursery and purchased all sorts of plants, shrubbery and ground cover to landscape the front of our house and started planting.I was fuming at both of them. This was our first home and thought that would be a project for my husband and myself. My mil thought she was doing me a favor. 
    Of course this was the same woman who when we were first married and stayed with us rearranged our furniture while we were at work! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@occasionalrain.  Where do you live?  I'll buy your house.

@Kachina624  I was eating some almonds and you made me choke. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that insects layed eggs in leaves. 

So undisturbed they would hatch? 

Or raked up they would hatch? 

Maybe your neighbor didn't want to end up your leaves in their yard? 

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I took garden vegetables to a new neighbor one time and she let me know right quick she didn't cook, said she didn't want the veggies, I told her it was ok, I'd take them back home. That I wanted to meet she and her dh. 

She ended up keeping the veggies. I was offended but then she needed something, and called me, and you know what? She turned out to be ok. She just wasn't in the mood to cook. 

@happycat , she really said that? I would not have left them with her. Most people would have accepted them. It's not as if you were offering her weed.  

oops hope i don't get in trouble for saying that word. Maybe she would have accepted that lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

One of my neighbors puts his extra vegetables on a table at the edge of his yard with a Free sign.

My first thought (since I have a warped mind) was that I hope people didn't take the table, too.  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt  you are so funny. Second laugh for the night concerning this Thread. You and @Kachina624  really made me laugh with your Posts. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@KKJ 

Oh, it is most definitely a nice thing; we all appreciate it? Sorry I was unclear.

@occasionalrain  you were very clear and I understood what you meant. I was about to respond to the person who misunderstood what you meant but decided against it.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I often drive by a house that has a stable and horses. They have bags of manure with a Free Manure sign.

Other than fertilizer it could be used to get even with porch pirates.

Ok @occasionalrain , the third one to make me laugh out loud. So glad I finish eating my almonds.  This is a funny Thread.  Between you @chickenbutt  and @Kachina624  thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

My former mother in law came over while I was at work one day and dug up all the daylilies underneath one of my shrubs as she thought they were awful. LOL 

Needless to say, I was surprised and disappointed. 

@cindyNC  I thought you were about to say that she cleaned your house even thought you didn't need it.   Marie came to mind from "Everybody Loves Raymond"

I don't understand why Debra was so upset when Marie pitched in? lol  I guess I would be too because I'm a great housekeeper.

Honored Contributor

One of the longest and most contentious topics around here is when people give someone home made baked goods and the recipient didn't eat them!  Which points up, ask before you give, help or otherwise "do good."  Unless you know the person very well.  Even the, look out!  Woman Surprised

OH my was that a hot topic!  What seemed to be the most rational response is to ASK before giving and don't get hurt if people don't want them.  

That is one of those topics you don't foget if you were "there!"  LOL!!! But it does go to show you that you don't know what people's likes and needs really are and what they are comfortable with.