Respected Contributor

A Houston man took his girlfriend on a 15.7 bicycle ride around Houston that looked like this:

"So I went on a bike ride with my GF and showed her a nice surprise at the end of our ride," Jon Blaze wrote on Reddit. "She said YES!"Houston couple Jon Blaze and Thao Nguyen work out and ride their bikes together twice a week, but a recent 15-mile route left them with an added post-ride glow. At the end of this ride, Jon flashed a special surprise - and she said "yes"!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Unusual Marriage Proposal

Cute!

My granddaughter called a couple days ago...she and her longtime boyfriend were hiking at Niagara Falls.  They got down to the river, he set up his phone to record, got down on one knee and proposed!  

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Cute!

My granddaughter called a couple days ago...she and her longtime boyfriend were hiking at Niagara Falls.  They got down to the river, he set up his phone to record, got down on one knee and proposed!  

@alicedee   neat!

Respected Contributor

This would make a fun thread for those married posters. How did your spouse propose? I got mine in a letter from future DH who was working at a job away from me. HE later told me he did that because he couldn't bear to hear a rejection in person. Of course, I accepted, and that was over 56 years ago. Fun memory. 

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

This would make a fun thread for those married posters. How did your spouse propose? I got mine in a letter from future DH who was working at a job away from me. HE later told me he did that because he couldn't bear to hear a rejection in person. Of course, I accepted, and that was over 56 years ago. Fun memory. 

@StylishLady  fun to remember, indeed!   did you save the letter?  it would be a wonderful family heirloom.

Respected Contributor

The proposal is irrelevant.  What's relevant is will they get married?  And if they do, how long will it last?

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

The proposal is irrelevant.  What's relevant is will they get married?  And if they do, how long will it last?

Most people who have received a marriage proposal from someone they love don’t consider it irrelevant.

Honored Contributor

That is just the best!  Very ingenious of him.  I wonder if she found the route unusually convoluted, with all the sort of 'backtracking' that the letters required...  In any event, that's a ride that neither of them will forget.

Respected Contributor

I believe I still have that letter stashed in a box of memorabilia along with other things I saved. 

Respected Contributor

This is adorable!❤️