Respected Contributor

Just   Following    Orders

Trusted Contributor

Then perhaps QVC needs to abide by not having religious or political themes in their broadcasting.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

OP...The discussion was about newscasters which revealed a political leaning.  Perhaps there would not have been a poofing if the discussion was about the horror of the event and expressing our condolences.  I think the mods are attempting to keep these posts from going "off the rail" due to politics.  Actually, during the last attack in France I remember the posts continuing for several pages.  We were keeping our discussions about the facts of what was happening and expressing our prayers and concern for those lives that were being directly impacted.  The mods did not interfere.  I don't know what determines their decisions, but I think politics and religion are delicate areas of discussion and when it becomes heated posters will most likely become concerned. I have learned a lot from these boards and respect the people on them.  I don't feel that our discussions are dumbed down as a result of moderation intervention.

Then please explain why my thread was poofed, when it  was a simple thread asking for prayers, and I specifically asked that politics be kept out of it?

The reason given for it having been poofed?

It, the subject, reason for the prayer request, was "upsetting" to some people.

Well, I find it upsetting that a simple thread asking for prayers is deleted.

Valued Contributor

The topics available for discussion in THIS forum are clearly listed to the left. Religion is not listed; politics is not listed. If these are the topics someone wants to discuss, go to a different blog/forum. I don't get these posters who think just because it is THEIR thought that it is ok to post. 

I think the moderators are doing a great job, especially with those who think the rules don't apply. Read forum guidelines if you have questions about this forum. 

Have you noticed that EVINE and HSN do NOT have forums. They probably don't want to have to deal with some of the posters on the Q forum. They let QVC deal with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

The topics available for discussion in THIS forum are clearly listed to the left. Religion is not listed; politics is not listed. If these are the topics someone wants to discuss, go to a different blog/forum. I don't get these posters who think just because it is THEIR thought that it is ok to post. 

I think the moderators are doing a great job, especially with those who think the rules don't apply. Read forum guidelines if you have questions about this forum. 

Have you noticed that EVINE and HSN do NOT have forums. They probably don't want to have to deal with some of the posters on the Q forum. They let QVC deal with them. 

That's bull.

I have seen prayer request threads that are NEVER deleted, not to mention Gloria Jeans daily threads in the Friends forum.

If they were truly against ALL religious threads, then why do they allow those to stay?

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Shame! Shame! Shame!  Poke mon is more important! That's why we have what we have. I am appalled by Q moderators.

As mentioned before, the threads were poofed because of the posters NOT the subject!

They don't want to listen to reason.  They only see things through their eyes.  They will only believe what they want.  Ironically, very close to the topic at hand.  It's just too bad but that's the way of the world.  Always has been and always will be.

I do not even want them to listen, I know  it's a lost cause. Just expressing me grief. The pokemoners do not concern me. 

Valued Contributor

Attention children it's a shopping chat board lol!

This is how your whining comes across to everybody:

Whine

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  The host talk soft and whisper when they are playing on us selling jewelry and pulling our heart strings on the religious meaning or our loved one gone, so buy it to remember them

Trusted Contributor

Fox News, CNN, Drudge, Huffington........you can post and say anything.  No moderators to speak of.  

I don't understand the need to post opinions here that mods deem inappropriate whether they are or not.  Why the need to keep on and on about it?  It's ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

HSN does have forums. I rarely visit them there, so I don't know how "interesting" they may get.