The 5 US states without Olympic athletes:

North Dakota

Wyoming

Arkansas

Maine

West Virginia

~~~~~~~~~~~

@Mersha 

Wow.  I'm surprised some of them arent represented by some sport.

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

Re: 😳 Unknown countries to me........... 🙃

Snoop's come a long way.  Cooking with Martha Stewart, & Olympics in Paris.  Looks like he's having a ball!  heh

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

North Dakota

Wyoming

Arkansas

Maine

West Virginia

Thanks @Mersha  for digging this up.  Maybe they should improve school sports programs in these states.  I wonder what the funding is like.  On the other hand, some of these states (Wyoming, North Dakota) have very small populations, less than a million people.  Maine about 1.4 million, West Virginia 1.8 million, Arkansas 3 million.  Arkansas is 33rd among the states in terms of population, so they definitely need to improve access to sports.

Honored Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior wrote:

@Kachina624  Want Keywords to watch Celine on YT?

@411 13 1 5.  Yes, please.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

North Dakota

Wyoming

Arkansas

Maine

West Virginia

Thanks @Mersha  for digging this up.  Maybe they should improve school sports programs in these states.  I wonder what the funding is like.  On the other hand, some of these states (Wyoming, North Dakota) have very small populations, less than a million people.  Maine about 1.4 million, West Virginia 1.8 million, Arkansas 3 million.  Arkansas is 33rd among the states in terms of population, so they definitely need to improve access to sports.

@NYCLatinaMe.  They are all states with small populations so perhaps they should be forgiven.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@411 13 1 5.  I'm watching it right now on NBC,  mostly to see Celine.

Trying to figure out why Snoop Dogg is there.

@Kachina624 Like Celine, Snoop Dogg is an entertainer.  Other people have interests different from yours, and they want to attract other audiences.

@NYCLatinaMe.  I don't find him to be remotely entertaining.  What does he do to entertain?  He's a sorry example for younger audiences.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@411 13 1 5.  I'm watching it right now on NBC,  mostly to see Celine.

Trying to figure out why Snoop Dogg is there.

@Kachina624 Like Celine, Snoop Dogg is an entertainer.  Other people have interests different from yours, and they want to attract other audiences.

@NYCLatinaMe.  I don't find him to be remotely entertaining.  What does he do to entertain?  He's a sorry example for younger audiences.

I think Snoop Dog is funny, laid back, and cool, although I never listened to his music. He has mellowed with age.

Americans are so diverse, so each announcer brings a different style.  I, personally, would much prefer to hear Olympic athletes speak and explain rather than a pop star and a retired football player, but then again maybe the athletes are just not the best speakers.  I thought Beyonce was captivating in her short piece. The NIKE Olympics ad was shocking but brilliant.

NBC wants a big audience to make sure all of that money spent pays off!

Esteemed Contributor

American rapper Snoop Dogg brought the flames on the final stage of the Olympic Torch Relay as he walked through the streets of Saint-Denis on Friday (26 July) ahead of the Opening Ceremony.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Unknown to me too.  Guess we gotta get out more.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Somewhat off topic but somehow became on topic, I love Snoop!