Honored Contributor

Re: 😳 Unknown countries to me........... 🙃

@VanSleepy  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL  Who knew a reality show could be educational? Smiley Surprised 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  

heh.. Your eye is looking at me! AHHHHH

Arent the Seychelles spozed to be gorgeous?

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

Familiar with all except as @sunshine45 mentioned, I didn’t know Swaziland changed its name to Eswatini.
Honored Contributor

I always loved geography and reading maps so I know the general vicinity of most of them.  I never go anywhere so enjoy reading about different places.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Did you happen to watch Celine Dion incredibly sing?

Once someone's shared the YT webpage.  I think ive listened to it like 12 times.  Awesome

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

@411 13 1 5.  I'm watching it right now on NBC,  mostly to see Celine.

Trying to figure out why Snoop Dogg is there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't count them @Mz iMac but I have heard of most of these countries/territories.  I think the Olympics is a good way to learn about different people.

Yes, there are new countries since you went to school.  There was a big movement towards self-determination in the 70s, and many "colonized" territories became countries.  That is why the British empire is not so big anymore.  There was a break-up of the soviet union and yugoslavia into different countries in the 1990s and wars in eastern europe, middle-east, south asia and Africa.  Some countries shed their colonial names and have different ones from the ones you may have learned about in school.  Also, some territories with their own cultural heritage are allowed to participate in the Olympics under their own flag even though they are not countries, like my homeland of Puerto Rico.

It's unlikely they would tell us the states without Olympic athletes.  I know here in NYC I have heard about native athletes going to the Olympics, but if there were no NYC athletes, I don't think anyone would publicize that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@411 13 1 5.  I'm watching it right now on NBC,  mostly to see Celine.

Trying to figure out why Snoop Dogg is there.

@Kachina624 Like Celine, Snoop Dogg is an entertainer.  Other people have interests different from yours, and they want to attract other audiences.

Respected Contributor

The 5 US states without Olympic athletes:

North Dakota

Wyoming

Arkansas

Maine

West Virginia

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Want Keywords to watch Celine on YT?