Valued Contributor

My husband sometimes listens to hard rock and metal while we're in the car.  Aside from perhaps the chorus, I can't make out one word they are singing.  It's kind of like the teacher in Charlie Brown, wah, wah, wah, wah.

I admit that I don't care for this type of music and never listened to in when I was younger.  I was into more of the "bubblegum " music.  At least I can understand the words to those.

Anybody else?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Unintelliglble Song Lyrics

I have never been very good at getting the lyrics, but melody...I can "name that tune".

I play a game once a day on my phone called Heardle.  Mostly it is music/artist I have never heard of but once in a while when it is a song pre-nineties, I know it within one or two seconds.  Maybe your hubby would have fun with it!

Valued Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I have never been very good at getting the lyrics, but melody...I can "name that tune".

I play a game once a day on my phone called Heardle.  Mostly it is music/artist I have never heard of but once in a while when it is a song pre-nineties, I know it within one or two seconds.  Maybe your hubby would have fun with it!

That sounds fun.

Honored Contributor

You mean like "Reverend Blue Jeans"?

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

I'm not good at making out lyrics to most songs either. I wish I was better; many of the artists have important or heartfelt things to say.  

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm not good at making out lyrics to most songs either. I wish I was better; many of the artists have important or heartfelt things to say.  

Sometime I hear a song and think I should Google (look up, lol) the lyrics to see if I can discern what they are saying but rarely do it.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

You mean like "Reverend Blue Jeans"?

Haha!  I know exactly what you mean.  Like CCR's There's a bathroom on the right.  He even sang it live and the audience went wild.

It's more of what I call the screamer songs.  I can't even get a wrong word with those.

Honored Contributor

I don't like head banging rock at all. I enjoy some of what I call hard rock which probably isn't all that hard. I stay away from bubblegum, top 40, and the like. It's just not my thing. 

My favorite is alternative music. I don't like the crazy hard stuff but there is soooooo much other alternative music that I enjoy.  

I also enjoy 60s and 70s music. I went to dozens of concerts back then. The only time I was speechless was when I met Bob Dylan. 

Respected Contributor

My sister, who is in her mid 70's, is a headbanger. I am not. I like late 50's thru maybe mid 70's Also, like swing from the WWII era. Not familiar with anything that Madonna has ever done, thru current day music now playing or what ever it's called now.

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't like head banging rock at all. I enjoy some of what I call hard rock which probably isn't all that hard. I stay away from bubblegum, top 40, and the like. It's just not my thing. 

My favorite is alternative music. I don't like the crazy hard stuff but there is soooooo much other alternative music that I enjoy.  

I also enjoy 60s and 70s music. I went to dozens of concerts back then. The only time I was speechless was when I met Bob Dylan. 

How exciting.  Wow!

I was only into the bubblegum stuff as a kid.  Donny and Marie and the like.  

Today, my  favorites are Frank Sinatra and big band, but some of the best bands and music are from the 60s and 70s.  I could listen to The Doors for hours.