Honored Contributor
On 1/2/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

We're finally getting to the movie theater to see this today. I've read and heard great reviews on it. The only negative I've heard, if you want to call it that, is that Angelina Jolie didn't tell the rest or most important part of the story...when Louis Z. met Dr. Billy Graham and became a Christian. I'm not a great book reader, but I think I need to read more about Louis Z.

I agree. That's a shame. I can't get up to see the movie-just hope it's still playing next week.

Honored Contributor

Saw a show with a FOX news person, that had been taped by Billy Graham people and it had the man from the book on (Louis) and pictures/movies of back then. It was really good. Greta I think.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad to hear all of the good things people are saying about the book and the movie. They're both on my to-read and to-see lists. I'm the daughter of a WWII vet too. It's unfortunate that so many young people have never even heard of this movie. They know all of the rest of them at the theaters, but not this one.

Honored Contributor

Just got back. We enjoyed the movie, although it's hard to watch the beatings over and over again. Louie clung to something his brother said as his guiding life principle and it served him well when times got tough. How he endured so much is truly amazing.

Respected Contributor
JealOus, I read this book within a twenty- four hour period, but I keep on thinking about it.... Louis was a rotten kid- no redeeming qualities about him- but his parents never gave up. His family never gave up..... In reading this, I think about the number of families who thought they had a bad Apple on their hands....and just gave up..... His brother was really the one who gave LoiLouis (sic) a chance, and a reason to live somewhat of a life......now that I have read the book, it's kind of haunting....in the end, I do believe it brings the message of Adonai's plan- or Jeseus- however you would want to put it or believe- it is a powerful story. Poodlepet2