Esteemed Contributor

The neighbor from hello who has paraded naked outside his front door several times a week for YEARS - and there's nothing police can do about it

Residents of Charlotte, North Carolina, neighborhood called police Friday
They complained that man stands at front door several times a week
Police have received several calls from fed up and disgusted neighbors
But officers say he isn't doing anything illegal since he is on his property

Cardinal Glen neighborhood (pictured) residents called police several times, but officers said the man is not doing anything illegal

Residents of a North Carolina community said that a neighbor has stood at the front door of his home completely naked several times a week for ten years, but police will not do anything about it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

People in the Cardinal Glen neighborhood of Charlotte called the police on the man on Friday, but officers said he's not doing anything illegal because he's on his own property.

'I was rolling out the trash can on Friday and I just happened to look over there and he was standing there buck naked,' neighbor Pecolia Threatt told WBTV.

A spokeswoman for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said that the man was on his own property and it was 'not a criminal incident'.

A person can only be charged with indecent exposure for 'willfully exposing the private parts of his or her person in any public place and in the presence of any other person or persons', according to North Carolina law.

Because of this, complaints about the naked man are documented as a 'call for service', and there is no report.

Parents told WBTV that they are worried and want to change the state's indecent exposure law to protect their children.

They hope that the photos they captured of the man will lead the Homeowners Association to file a complaint.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2997888/Charlotte-man-stood-naked-door-ten-years-police-t-it...

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the new America.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like the neighbors need to ""persuade"" him to put some clothes on. Are there not any men on that street? If they got together and paid him a visit I'm sure he could be convinced......

Honored Contributor

How old is he?

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2015 croemer said:

Welcome to the new America.

I don't think it's a new law? It's stupid imo but not new.

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Sounds like the neighbors need to ""persuade"" him to put some clothes on. Are there not any men on that street? If they got together and paid him a visit I'm sure he could be convinced......

Esteemed Contributor

Why the confused face?

Honored Contributor
I'm not sure this is something the police should get involved in. Just don't look. I have problems with neighbors being noisy....I'll trade those neighbors for this guy.
Honored Contributor

Why the confused face?

Nothing confusing about it...persuasion can be a good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

Why the confused face?

Just questioning vigilante justice.