Honored Contributor

Un-Boxing Orders Can Be Exhausting

Just wanted to have this be a resting day for me.  Husband went fishing (yeah) leaving the house to me and my choosing.  Woke when he left but fell back to sleep for a couple more hous which was nice ... I'm usually up and adam the moment I wake.  Did 2.5 miles on treadmill, showered, ate, and was going to just sit and do nothing but watch TV for a while but found five pkgs on the porch.  I dragged them inside and got my box opener out, unpackaged some good-sized boxes. 

I got 2 of the hanging Wicker Park Dahlia and Hyragena faux plants --- BEAUTIFUL. 

My Luminara candles set of two -- love those. 

A pair of Candace Cameron Bure jeans which I will have to return as they have a defect in them (ugh).

An item from Amazon (so heavy) and a small pkg from TJazelle (2 bracelets).  

Activity after retirement sure takes a lot of energy.  I should nap but I'm not one to do that.  

Hope you all are having a nice day!  

Valued Contributor

Re: Un-Boxing Orders Can Be Exhausting

@rms1954   I agree with you, wholeheartedly! 

..  Sometimes...err..many times, I realize that "retirement isnt what they sell on TV!"  I mean, "Where's the Golf Courses?  .. and Cruise Ships? ..  the Beaches!    Where's the "Hoity-Toity," flaming meals, served up to me, while I'm decked out in my gorgeous, bare backed, sparkling gown!.. 

..  Heck, now I spend my energy buying at the store, (like just now at WM), and I realize that moving abt the store, filling the cart, paying, loading up the car...  isnt the end of it!!!  I have to get the stuff inside the house, AND put is away!

Same with pkgs from purchases, online!   Ripping them open, breaking down the box, inspecting the purchase, putting the items away, &/or testing it out, THEN finding it's "home" in my home...  When I bought them, it was so effortless!  heh

So, this very minute, I'm pampering myself!   I'm relaxing, deliciously chugging my ZipFizz'd water drink, listening to TV, watching all those young newcasters, exhibit their boundless energy! .. and just "vegg-ing out!" ... &  .. relaxing  The next course of putting away items, can wait!  Afterall, they dont have legs.. right?  heh

@rms1954   great to hear from you.  Smiley Happy

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Just wanted to have this be a resting day for me.  Husband went fishing (yeah) leaving the house to me and my choosing.  Woke when he left but fell back to sleep for a couple more hous which was nice ... I'm usually up and adam the moment I wake.  Did 2.5 miles on treadmill, showered, ate, and was going to just sit and do nothing but watch TV for a while but found five pkgs on the porch.  I dragged them inside and got my box opener out, unpackaged some good-sized boxes. 

I got 2 of the hanging Wicker Park Dahlia and Hyragena faux plants --- BEAUTIFUL. 

My Luminara candles set of two -- love those. 

A pair of Candace Cameron Bure jeans which I will have to return as they have a defect in them (ugh).

An item from Amazon (so heavy) and a small pkg from TJazelle (2 bracelets).  

Activity after retirement sure takes a lot of energy.  I should nap but I'm not one to do that.  

Hope you all are having a nice day!  

Wow. First world problems. So many people would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Wow. First world problems. So many people would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Hello to you also.

I don't know why you would think this had anything to do with solving world problems or what you were expecting from the title of my post that enticed you to open it and read it.  Yes, there are some more and less fortunate than I.   All beyond my control.  I just try to live the best life I can by doing what I can to help others around me.  I really was only trying to have a nice conversation here. 

I hope you can too.

Esteemed Contributor

Must be nice living so large.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

I wouldn't go that far.  I don't live "large" at all.  It was just a day where everything came at once.  Have a NICE day!

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

@rms1954   I agree with you, wholeheartedly! 

..  Sometimes...err..many times, I realize that "retirement isnt what they sell on TV!"  I mean, "Where's the Golf Courses?  .. and Cruise Ships? ..  the Beaches!    Where's the "Hoity-Toity," flaming meals, served up to me, while I'm decked out in my gorgeous, bare backed, sparkling gown!.. 

..  Heck, now I spend my energy buying at the store, (like just now at WM), and I realize that moving abt the store, filling the cart, paying, loading up the car...  isnt the end of it!!!  I have to get the stuff inside the house, AND put is away!

Same with pkgs from purchases, online!   Ripping them open, breaking down the box, inspecting the purchase, putting the items away, &/or testing it out, THEN finding it's "home" in my home...  When I bought them, it was so effortless!  heh

So, this very minute, I'm pampering myself!   I'm relaxing, deliciously chugging my ZipFizz'd water drink, listening to TV, watching all those young newcasters, exhibit their boundless energy! .. and just "vegg-ing out!" ... &  .. relaxing  The next course of putting away items, can wait!  Afterall, they dont have legs.. right?  heh

@rms1954   great to hear from you.  Smiley Happy

Great to hear from you also!  Keep pampering YOU.  Vegging out & relaxing was the plan for me too but somehow it took a turn.  I was going to just set everything aside until tomorrow, but I can't stand looking at things that need to get done so I try to do them right away.  

Thank you for your kind words.  

Esteemed Contributor

Two super unnecessary responses.  It's getting so you can't post about anything around here without someone jumping all over you.

Anyway...... I hear what you're saying about unboxing orders.  If you order some sort of appliance or, god forbid, dinnerware, it can take a lot of work getting those things out of the box (and makes a mess in the process)!

Esteemed Contributor

default-large.jpg

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  I completely get what you mean.  With me it's putting groceries away.  I just dread that job.  I always wash most of my produce, except berries, so that I can quickly prepare a salad or just have something healthy to grab when I want a quick snack.  I also have two guinea pigs so their veggies have to be cleaned and prepped for their daily meals.

Since there's just the two of us I always take our bread products and wrap them in freezer wrap and then individually freeze them into smaller potion sizes so that they stay fresh and I only take out what we are going to eat each day.  

All of that takes time and after walking through the stores and dodging all of the other shoppers I don't always feel like spending another 30 minutes or so doing all of that additional work.  

When I'm finished I always feel good but just doing that makes me tired.  Like you, many times our Amazon purchases come all on the same day and it does get tiring to unpack everything and put it all where it belongs.