Honored Contributor

Re: Un-Boxing Orders Can Be Exhausting

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Wow. First world problems. So many people would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Hello to you also.

I don't know why you would think this had anything to do with solving world problems or what you were expecting from the title of my post that enticed you to open it and read it.  Yes, there are some more and less fortunate than I.   All beyond my control.  I just try to live the best life I can by doing what I can to help others around me.  I really was only trying to have a nice conversation here. 

I hope you can too.

@rms1954 I owe you an apology for the snarky comment. It was uncalled for. Honestly, I'm hurting for so many people right now for what theyre going through but that doesn't excuse the rudeness. 

I hope you have a great day.

Thank you for the apology.  I'm sorry you are hurting and I am too just so you know.  I am not a heartless person.  I try not to dwell on all that's happening throughout humanity and I question so many things.  We can only hang on and try to have hope and faith.  Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My frozen food order is due today from NS.  That's always fun, LOL.

LOL.  Big smiles ---- good luck!

Respected Contributor

I followed this thread with interest, because yes, there are many world issues going on, but first and foremost QVC is a SHOPPING channel, and these boards were established to represent that world.  

We should all share in the delight and happiness of those who receive packages and share their special purchases.

These boards help me learn about different products for sale, and hear the opinions of my shopping friends.  

And yes, after these past few years, we all need days to relax and just have fun!!

Valued Contributor

@Ladybug724  That was super wonderful of you to apologize, & esp to share with such sincerity, even expressed, convincingly, thru this medium.. not easy!

I hope to enjoy more of these "Board chats" with you!

Hope you have a great evening/day    Smiley Happy

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I followed this thread with interest, because yes, there are many world issues going on, but first and foremost QVC is a SHOPPING channel, and these boards were established to represent that world.  

We should all share in the delight and happiness of those who receive packages and share their special purchases.

These boards help me learn about different products for sale, and hear the opinions of my shopping friends.  

And yes, after these past few years, we all need days to relax and just have fun!!

@FancyPhillyshopper - yes! I am here primarily for shopping discussions. I can't understand why some posters think it's okay to post insults, rude and at times thread detailing comments on a shopping thread. And then, expect fun, rainbows, support and camaraderie on their own shopping threads.

This type of behavior continues to impact me and my shopping friends regularly in the Fashion and Beauty forums. It just happened again this week on a fashion thread on a TS day.

Out of the blue a poster jumped on the thread to suggest that that clothing was for 'square shapeless' women. It was not helpful to anyone and interrupted a shopping experience. And it was a blatant rude, insulting comment. 

And other times it's posters jumping on a shopping thread or starting a thread to bash a host or vendor. Usually on a TSV or TS day when some posters are getting together to share and shop.  Again, interfering with a shopping experience, creating a negative environment and culture.

Why not just pass the thread or day if it's not of interest? And let those that want to shop have an enjoyable experience? What goes around comes around. And this is a key reason moderators are required. This type of environment has pushed away participants from the forums and others hesitate to start discussions. Terrible, right?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Just wanted to have this be a resting day for me.  Husband went fishing (yeah) leaving the house to me and my choosing.  Woke when he left but fell back to sleep for a couple more hous which was nice ... I'm usually up and adam the moment I wake.  Did 2.5 miles on treadmill, showered, ate, and was going to just sit and do nothing but watch TV for a while but found five pkgs on the porch.  I dragged them inside and got my box opener out, unpackaged some good-sized boxes. 

I got 2 of the hanging Wicker Park Dahlia and Hyragena faux plants --- BEAUTIFUL. 

My Luminara candles set of two -- love those. 

A pair of Candace Cameron Bure jeans which I will have to return as they have a defect in them (ugh).

An item from Amazon (so heavy) and a small pkg from TJazelle (2 bracelets).  

Activity after retirement sure takes a lot of energy.  I should nap but I'm not one to do that.  

Hope you all are having a nice day!  

I totally appreciated your post and didn't take it seriously at all. Frankly, it was nice to read something lighthearted for a change and, if others were being honest, I'm sure they could relate to it but just can't admit it.  I don't post here often, if at all, because I've noticed how negative and unnecessary the reactions can be at times. I think most people understood the spirit in which you meant it. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper - yes! I am here primarily for shopping discussions. I can't understand why some posters think it's okay to post insults, rude and at times thread detailing comments on a shopping thread. And then, expect fun, rainbows, support and camaraderie on their own shopping threads.

This type of behavior continues to impact me and my shopping friends regularly in the Fashion and Beauty forums. It just happened again this week on a fashion thread on a TS day.

Out of the blue a poster jumped on the thread to suggest that that clothing was for 'square shapeless' women. It was not helpful to anyone and interrupted a shopping experience. And it was a blatant rude, insulting comment. 

And other times it's posters jumping on a shopping thread or starting a thread to bash a host or vendor. Usually on a TSV or TS day when some posters are getting together to share and shop.  Again, interfering with a shopping experience, creating a negative environment and culture.

Why not just pass the thread or day if it's not of interest? And let those that want to shop have an enjoyable experience? What goes around comes around. And this is a key reason moderators are required. This type of environment has pushed away participants from the forums and others hesitate to start discussions. Terrible, right?

@Chi-town girl - I've been posting here forever.  Way more than my post count indicates.  They have reset our posts more than once. I go way back to the Shop Talk days where, in addition to the forums, we also had a real time chat room.  All these years later, I still enjoy posting here and reading the threads.  But....

Over the past year and a half I think, some people think it's sport I think to just bash the hosts, celebrities, anything, hair is too long, hair is too short.  They look old, they don't look old.  Theyntakk about their personal lives too much. They would NEVER watch a show that so and so would be on.  Their outfit is too small, it's too baggy.  They've gained weight, they're too thin.  Then bash other posters for whatever.  I HATE to see that.  Especially women bashing other women.  We should be as one, trying to lift each other up.  I just don't understand it.  And then some, I think, intentionally come into some threads and post things to intentionally sabotage the thread.  Come on now,

As you said- if something isn't of interest, just pass it by.  People seem to have lost their internal filter and just say stuff,nthe more outrageous the better.  All hiding behind the anonymity of a faceless forum.  

Many of us, me included, were sad at the thought these forums might close.  I was so relieved when they didn't. But I don't take them for granted and intentionally push buttons.  In my real life, I'm strongly opinionated.  I just try to tone it down here. Use my filter.  And I wish others would stop being intentionally rude and cruel.  My thing for 2022 is that when I see it, I'm going to call it out. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl - I've been posting here forever.  Way more than my post count indicates.  They have reset our posts more than once. I go way back to the Shop Talk days where, in addition to the forums, we also had a real time chat room.  All these years later, I still enjoy posting here and reading the threads.  But....

Over the past year and a half I think, some people think it's sport I think to just bash the hosts, celebrities, anything, hair is too long, hair is too short.  They look old, they don't look old.  Theyntakk about their personal lives too much. They would NEVER watch a show that so and so would be on.  Their outfit is too small, it's too baggy.  They've gained weight, they're too thin.  Then bash other posters for whatever.  I HATE to see that.  Especially women bashing other women.  We should be as one, trying to lift each other up.  I just don't understand it.  And then some, I think, intentionally come into some threads and post things to intentionally sabotage the thread.  Come on now,

As you said- if something isn't of interest, just pass it by.  People seem to have lost their internal filter and just say stuff,nthe more outrageous the better.  All hiding behind the anonymity of a faceless forum.  

Many of us, me included, were sad at the thought these forums might close.  I was so relieved when they didn't. But I don't take them for granted and intentionally push buttons.  In my real life, I'm strongly opinionated.  I just try to tone it down here. Use my filter.  And I wish others would stop being intentionally rude and cruel.  My thing for 2022 is that when I see it, I'm going to call it out. 

Thank you @gidgetgh  💗

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

There are constant unkind comments here, these days I would say consider yourself lucky if they're only about shopping. It's supposed to be against the guidelines and rules here.?

The only options are to ignore, report, and avoid interacting with those people. Or reduce your participation in these forums altogether.

I always take note of who hearts unkind comments too. It's very telling but not surprising.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Two super unnecessary responses.  It's getting so you can't post about anything around here without someone jumping all over you.

Anyway...... I hear what you're saying about unboxing orders.  If you order some sort of appliance or, god forbid, dinnerware, it can take a lot of work getting those things out of the box (and makes a mess in the process)!

For heaven sake don't make my mistake of saying "your" instead of "you're" it offends all the folks who have nothing else to worry about.

I'm 70 and been out of school for a 'few' years, so, I don't think in this kind of group I should be bullwhipped. these forums are getting to be not so fun any more.