QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I think years ago the perks were really good for working for USPS but changed. Federal retirement a plus.  My Stepdaughter started as a sub and is  full time  for a number if years and at age 40 taking classes for a career change. She was always althetic and said it is getting hard on the body lifting so much.

She has a difficult time getting time off to even use vacation. They seem to advertise alot for help lately. Long hours during the Holidays delivering mail in the dark six days a week. She recently said she is getting bit by spiders hiding in mail boxes. I have seen them in mine. Having that window open in Winter in cold climates must be very uncomfortably cold.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

Not sure what's going on with USPS but my mortgage company sent a letter last month saying the USPS delivery was going to start being a lot slower in October, I think it was Oct 12th but not positive. They suggested mortgage payments being mailed a couple weeks early to ensure on-time delivery. My mail used to be delivered around 2 PM each day. This month, it's come as late as 7 PM and some days not at all. I live in a development but my mailbox is at the street and my house sits about 125' back from the road. My house lights don't reach that far so I don't like going to it when it's dark but I also don't like leaving my mail in the box overnight. We have scattered street lights but the street is not well lighted. It's quite a dilemma for me. I can carry a flashlight and be extra careful but without knowing if or when mail will be delivered, I don't want to keep going out there to check. I hope they can get their issues worked out soon. We're having real problems locally with people not wanting to work.

@Carolina925    I don't understand why anyone still mails bill payments.  I've used 100% online banking since I bought a computer about 1998, with never a bobble or glitch.  I've saved a fortune in postage alone.  I don't even think about getting bills paid since it's all done automatically.  What a relief it is! 

@Kachina624 Because they are poor, because they are old and don't know how to possibly use one, they have never been around one, and a zillion other reasons.  You are poor and live in a rural area and can't afford or may not have access to internet. . . lots of reasons. 

Esteemed Contributor

I begin by saying I am an old £@rt of 74. I worked from my teen years through my sixties. I am currently retired after working for 30 years as an academic advisor at a large research university, my alma mater. I provide this information as background because I've seen plenty in my life, and experienced plenty too.

In my not-so-humble opinion, nothing seems to work properly anymore. If someone gets something right the first time we are deliriously happy and surprised. Mail and packages are delayed, even lost. Customer service has become customer no-service. Roads are broken, people are becoming increasingly impatient and downright rude. All we get are pre-recorded messages telling us to press buttons that do not refer to what we are calling about. My favorite is "Please stay on the line. Your call is important to us." Oh yeah? If it were so important you wouldn't put me on hold forever. Does anybody care? Have the internet and the pandemic turned us into lazy ogres in pajamas?

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@Kachina624 Kachina....last winter my UPS driver told me that packages tagged for transport to the U.S.P were sitting in the UPS wearhouse waiting to be transfered  to the post office.  So whomever is delaying, there may be many suspects involved.  The product sits at UPS and then is delivered to USP office where it sits as well. Last winter people were confined to home so  on-line orders increased causing the delays.  Don't know what the problem is today.  Perhaps it is lack of employees to do the work once packages arrive.  I have not ordered anything lately so I have not had the opportunity to speak with my UPS driver.

@tobes    The problem now seems to be 100% at the post office, as you can see by the example in my initial post.  I know the USPS is short on employees.  They've been leaving recruiting flyers in my box, but why would it be okay one week then a big mess the next? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have gotten that message quite a few times.

Respected Contributor

I’ve gotten that message, however, I used to get the UPS is in your area, and I get that much less often than before.  I posted on another thread that I got a message Friday that my package delivered Friday, and wasn’t.  I was happily surprised that it was in my mailbox Saturday.  The PO was closed Friday by the time I saw the delivery message.  

I did order an EBay item Friday.  Said estimated delivery was 10/29.  It was in my mailbox Saturday.  I could NOT believe it.

Esteemed Contributor

The best thing to do is to file a complaint online with USPS.

I think if more people did this, we might see an overall improvement in service.   

Honored Contributor

USPS lost my HSN package last month and I've had enough. I will not order anything to be delivered anymore. If it's not local, I don't need it. I hate that because I've passed up a lot of great deals here and elsewhere all because I can't trust the shipping but it happens at least once a year to me and I'm over it.  

I actually got brave last week and ordered from Amazon since they have their own delivery service and, until this week, I've never had an issue with them.

I got half my order. The other half was supposed to deliver on Saturday. When I looked it up, it hasn't even shipped and they have never emailed me to let me know why. I made sure I only ordered Amazon fulfilled products with specific in stock delivery times for Saturday.

Obviously, they are not giving accurate information. I am about ready to cancel it and go back to if I can't buy it in person, I don't need it. It's twice as expensive to buy my flour locally but it's better than going through the stress of no communication and no delivery.