Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Yes, I have been getting that message for about a month now.  I'm sure Dejoy is behind it.  Everything is being slowed down it seems.

Honored Contributor
I am willing to bet that a lot of USPS problems is that working conditions are so horrible that anyone who can possibly retire has retired.  We have had 3 or 4 long term carriers go in the last couple years.

The new guys run up to the house now to leave packages--not walk up the walk.  They seem rushed and always in a hurry.  Two years ago we new the carrier and the sub, they would ring the bell and say "How are you doing" and such.  Not now.  the new people are on a dead run.  

And they don't know the customers so the personal attention the mail received isn't there.  

Honored Contributor

We never received personal attention. Our mail is delivered by truck, mail put in mailbox by the road and he drives off to the next house. He comes the same time as usual 4:00.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Not sure what's going on with USPS but my mortgage company sent a letter last month saying the USPS delivery was going to start being a lot slower in October, I think it was Oct 12th but not positive. They suggested mortgage payments being mailed a couple weeks early to ensure on-time delivery. My mail used to be delivered around 2 PM each day. This month, it's come as late as 7 PM and some days not at all. I live in a development but my mailbox is at the street and my house sits about 125' back from the road. My house lights don't reach that far so I don't like going to it when it's dark but I also don't like leaving my mail in the box overnight. We have scattered street lights but the street is not well lighted. It's quite a dilemma for me. I can carry a flashlight and be extra careful but without knowing if or when mail will be delivered, I don't want to keep going out there to check. I hope they can get their issues worked out soon. We're having real problems locally with people not wanting to work.

@Carolina925 - the post office announced that, in addition to a postage increase, they are going to intentionally slow down first class mail, by up to 30% slower.  And I read that they are also going to reduce hours at the post office.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

Here we go again with the USPS bashing...blah, blah, blah...  Geez, this gets old.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Why do people assume that slow deliveries from the post office or shipping companies mean that workers are lazy? Really? Of course, there are some poor employees out there but most are working long, hard hours. Understaffed.

Everyone was all thankful to them a year ago. Now, it’s all complaints that life and deliveries are not magically back to “normal”.

🤨

@bikerbabe    I don't for one minute think any of this is the fault of the employees.  Those dedicated to doing a good job are probably as upset as we are.  I put the fault wholly on management, especially the postmaster general. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Not sure what's going on with USPS but my mortgage company sent a letter last month saying the USPS delivery was going to start being a lot slower in October, I think it was Oct 12th but not positive. They suggested mortgage payments being mailed a couple weeks early to ensure on-time delivery. My mail used to be delivered around 2 PM each day. This month, it's come as late as 7 PM and some days not at all. I live in a development but my mailbox is at the street and my house sits about 125' back from the road. My house lights don't reach that far so I don't like going to it when it's dark but I also don't like leaving my mail in the box overnight. We have scattered street lights but the street is not well lighted. It's quite a dilemma for me. I can carry a flashlight and be extra careful but without knowing if or when mail will be delivered, I don't want to keep going out there to check. I hope they can get their issues worked out soon. We're having real problems locally with people not wanting to work.

@Carolina925    I don't understand why anyone still mails bill payments.  I've used 100% online banking since I bought a computer about 1998, with never a bobble or glitch.  I've saved a fortune in postage alone.  I don't even think about getting bills paid since it's all done automatically.  What a relief it is! 

Honored Contributor

@Hetshepshut wrote:

Here we go again with the USPS bashing...blah, blah, blah...  Geez, this gets old.

The thread is titled USPS; why in the world did you read it... blah, blah, blah?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Why do people assume that slow deliveries from the post office or shipping companies mean that workers are lazy? Really? Of course, there are some poor employees out there but most are working long, hard hours. Understaffed.

Everyone was all thankful to them a year ago. Now, it’s all complaints that life and deliveries are not magically back to “normal”.

🤨

@bikerbabe    I don't for one minute think any of this is the fault of the employees.  Those dedicated to doing a good job are probably as upset as we are.  I put the fault wholly on management, especially the postmaster general. 

😉

My comment was prompted by a post from someone else and it made me think of everything postal workers and others have gone through since early 2020. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Are other people getting these types of messages from their post offices?  Do they have the option of not accepting a package?  It's not like it was applying to join an elite sorority or exclusive condo. 

One week my PO was delivering usually the day after they got the package and the next week they started this nonsense.  What changed?  Did all the employees quit? Or is it a deliberate slow-down by USPS management? 

Screenshot_20211015-131833_Chrome.jpg

@Kachina624   I have had that a few times.   USPS is getting ridiculous.  I mailed my son a Birthday Crad a week ago and he still has not received it.  From Florida To Florida.   Christmas is going to be a nightmare