Honored Contributor

I was told this morning by a postal worker, they will not allow their people to delivery packages,if they have to back up out of your driveway, people are up in arms over this, sounds crazy .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have never seen any postal truck pull in anyone's driveway.  Where I live they just block the street!!!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

I’m pretty sure they don’t know how to park in driveways. Here they will just stop in the road even if they block traffic that cannot pass their vehicle. Traffic gets backed up waiting for them to deliver packages.

USPS need to be put out of business. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, they do here,if you have a package to big to fit in mailbox.

Esteemed Contributor

Why do they have to pull into a driveway?

City carriers still walk. Rural carriers deliver to your box or cluster of boxes.

If undeliverable you get a notice to pick it up.

Honored Contributor

The postal worker who does our mail, said same thing. He said the Post office does not pay him enough to give door to door service. It is rare when he delivers anything. If it is to big for your mail box (we have a central mail location in our development) you have to go pick it up at the post office. 

Honored Contributor

You have not had a truck pull into your driveway? They do it here,like i said ,if package is too big,for mailbox.

Honored Contributor

Go out of business? Really? @willdob3 If this happened no one would get anything - no mail, no bills, no packages, no birthday cards, no christams gifts - nothing. How would you remedy this, curious minds want to know.

Esteemed Contributor

Our mail person backs up if their is a box or two that does not fit in our mail box.  Usually the smaller stuff does fit.  (rural delivery and the box is a bit bigger).  We have had no issue with UPS as they park the truck at the end of our driveway and carry the package to our door, as does FED EX.  The only problem we have had is with a strange company called Laser Ship. They dumped one package under a tree, left one near our trash bin and the last time dropped a package near our rear tire in our driveway...... driving rain storm.  I HOPE THEY DISAPPEAR FOREVER... WALMART ASSOCIATED.  

Honored Contributor

We have a rural route address.  Our mail carrier delivers oversized packages next to our garage doors after driving up to the top of our hillside driveway.  But there is a turnaround area in front of the garage doors.  He is very friendly and efficient.