Esteemed Contributor

Seriously Funny Subject Line

[ Edited ]

This e-mail went to my spam folder of course but couldn't help chuckling at this subject line:

We receive a message that you are dead, is it true?

It just occurred to me that I wish I could respond and say "Yes, it is true"

And lest anyone should misunderstand, I don't really wish I was, I'd just like to respond that way because it's such a stupid subject line.

Respected Contributor

Re: Seriously Funny Subject Line

@shaggygirl  Good one.   I wonder how many replies they got!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Approaching Medicare age in a month, I've been flooded with telemarketing calls for everything from long term care insurance, medical devices, Medicare supplement programs and on and on.

I usually let my call blocker handle these calls, but a few I've answered by mistake and when I realized it was a telemarketer, I said, "I'm sorry, I passed away last week."

Can you believe that not one of these morons realized what I said, but offered condolences and said they would remove that name from their 'list', LOL!

Whatever works.........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Approaching Medicare age in a month, I've been flooded with telemarketing calls for everything from long term care insurance, medical devices, Medicare supplement programs and on and on.

I usually let my call blocker handle these calls, but a few I've answered by mistake and when I realized it was a telemarketer, I said, "I'm sorry, I passed away last week."

Can you believe that not one of these morons realized what I said, but offered condolences and said they would remove that name from their 'list', LOL!

Whatever works.........

My husband turns 65 in December and we’ve even had salesmen show up unannounced. Haven’t gotten calls yet. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty@shaggygirl  Yes, the same thing started happening to me when I was about 64-1/2.....but guess what?  It never stops because every year after that it starts all over again as we approach the sign up period in the fall.  The irony is that I'm not even on Medicare yet because I still work full time and am covered by my employer.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Whatever works.........

My husband turns 65 in December and we’ve even had salesmen show up unannounced. Haven’t gotten calls yet. 

@Meowingkitty

I also had a lady show up at my door, but I didn't answer, since I didn't know her or what she wanted.

She left a card about "an urgent matter" that she needed to discuss with me and when I called the number back, she was selling Medicare supplement insurance.

I told her that she was on notice to never step foot on my property again, uninvited, that's why I have no trespassing and no soliciting signs on my property.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.