Contributor

Re: USPS Tracking Info Email

These are often scams to get you to click!

Respected Contributor

I've gotten these.  I keep a separate email "file" of all my online purchases and sometimes attempt to go back figure out what I had ordered. 

The only recent snafu was a lipstick I ordered from HSN.  The package was shipped UPS to my local post office.  It was delivered..........empty......with a second stickler where it had been opened and removed.  Contacted HSN and they promptly replaced it at no charge. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have never gotten a legitimate E-mail from USPS or UPS.  Maybe you get them if you're signed up for updates or something, but I'm not.  I always get the E-mail with a tracking number from the site I ordered from, not USPS.  I would consider that suspicious.

what you do is go to USPS page and go down to bottom of  page where it says 'contact us' send the USPS tracking # in the form you will fill out they called me the same day and said QVC never mailed it, but, the tracking information shows it went from N.C. and Carrollton, Tx then to Amarillo

I think the USPS is ripe with thieves not the first time this has happened

QVC should put some other name on packages. Wish they would catch the ****** that keeps stealing my goods.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have never gotten a legitimate E-mail from USPS or UPS.  Maybe you get them if you're signed up for updates or something, but I'm not.  I always get the E-mail with a tracking number from the site I ordered from, not USPS.  I would consider that suspicious.

@Icegoddess 

Yes, that's where they come from.  You do have to sign up with them to receive the emails about upcoming deliveries.  FedEx has that option too.

Honored Contributor

The rea

Honored Contributor

I would suspect a scam if I got such a call.  I've never had any call from USPS or UPS, but when I use either service, the clerk always circles the tracking number of my receipt.

Whether QVC send my orders USPS or UPS doesn't seem to make much difference in the speed of deliveries.   They always seem to tell me about 10 days until they estimate delivery and I have always had my package near the end of that EDD. 

Super Contributor

I get these also.  Look at the sender's email address!  Many email scams show part of the sender's email address a lot of numbers, letters which make no sense at all.  You can also take a printout and take it to the shipper in your area and have them explain if these are valid.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Have you ever gotten an email from USPS w/tracking number and have no idea what it's for????  I received one USPS w/tracking info for Master Brand Filters order.  I have no idea what it's for.

@rms1954 

Do NOT click on any links in that email.  It could be a total scam.  I'd first google "Master Brand Filters" and see if it rings any bells for you (refrigerator, water pitcher, etc.).  If not, another poster said, go directly to the usps website and try that tracking number.  Just don't use any link in the email to get there. 

If nothing else, if it's legit it will eventually arrive and you'll get to see what it is, lol.

I did check all that.  I get lots of scam emails and I know the legit ones.  This one was legit.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Have you ever gotten an email from USPS w/tracking number and have no idea what it's for????  I received one USPS w/tracking info for Master Brand Filters order.  I have no idea what it's for.

I got one once. Turned out to be a package for a neighbor across the street from me, but it was incorrectly addressed to her at my house number. I took it to her when I received it.