Honored Contributor

USPS Stamp Out Hunger Saturday May 11

You can donate non perishable food items this Saturday at your mailbox or post office. I received my reminder card yesterday.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: USPS Stamp Out Hunger Saturday May 11

I got my card yesterday.  I'm sure I'll find some pantry items to donate.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

I also got my card yesterday and I always donate. Thanks for posting for everyone,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sr1khFiQ_Jo/VdQOsTel-9I/AAAAAAABKuo/6fLFZRDQ7YI/s1600/hw.png

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   Thanks for your post! We received a blue grocery bag with our mail yesterday, but no info on the collection date. I’ll look for a postcard and check our pantry for items to donate. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I picked up many canned goods at the grocery store yesterday for Saturday's pickup.

Frequent Contributor

For the last two years, I've left a bag on my porch but was not picked up.  It was setting on the recycling container under my mailbox and I'm  wondering if I need to take it to a mailbox on the corner two blocks away for pickup?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@orphan annie325 wrote:

For the last two years, I've left a bag on my porch but was not picked up.  It was setting on the recycling container under my mailbox and I'm  wondering if I need to take it to a mailbox on the corner two blocks away for pickup?

I don't know where they want you to put the bag. Why not call and ask them where the bag should be placed?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless wrote:

@orphan annie325 wrote:

Our mail carrier walks house to house to deliver, but parks at the very beginning of the street.

Everybody (pretty much everybody) carried their bags and others' to his truck.  It was too much for him to lug around along with his mailbag.  There's about 20 houses on our street alone.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for the reminder!  It completely slipped my mind this year and we haven’t gotten a reminder card yet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@orphan annie325 wrote:

I don't know where they want you to put the bag. Why not call and ask them where the bag should be placed?

The card I received today says, "...place by your mailbox for your letter carrier to pick up..."

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.